Are you allowed to Call in for any reason while on probation period ....

Osubrownguy

"I called out once when I was in my probation period when I was starting out part time. When I was doing my 30 days for driving I called out about once a week, still qualified though"---your words

makeup your mind about how often you missed work.

Just because i had Lots of family/personal issues to where I needed to take days off, qualification period or not, doesn’t mean I didn’t want to work it just meant that I had more important things to deal with. And at ups , If you do your job right and bust your ass they will let attendance issues slide. They can’t afford to lose good drivers who know lots of routes

rod

Retired 22 years
Just because i had Lots of family/personal issues to where I needed to take days off, qualification period or not, doesn’t mean I didn’t want to work it just meant that I had more important things to deal with. And at ups , If you do your job right and bust your ass they will let attendance issues slide. They can’t afford to lose good driver who knows lots of routes.
Don't kid yourself---you aren't as valuable to them as you think. I hope you don't learn that the hard way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just because i had Lots of family/personal issues to where I needed to take days off, qualification period or not, doesn’t mean I didn’t want to work it just meant that I had more important things to deal with. And at ups , If you do your job right and bust your ass they will let attendance issues slide. They can’t afford to lose good drivers who know lots of routes

"....more important things to deal with..."

Osubrownguy

Don't kid yourself---you aren't as valuable to them as you think. I hope you don't learn that the hard way.
Like I said I had family/personal issues during my qualification period( 3 years ago) and I wouldn’t suggest anyone to call out once a week during their 30 day packet unless it’s really needed .Don’t have much of an attendance issue now-a-days but all I’m saying is if they like ya they like ya If not they may not be as lenient and less likely to let things slide....

Poop Head

Judge me.
It really all depends on what the CC was like from the division that morning. If you're calling out on a Monday. You will not make it as a driver. Monday is always the very worst C.C's.

Whenever calling out, always check UPS share price first. If it's up 3-5% or more you can stay home sick no problemo. If UPS is down huge. U r skarewed.

This is not 100% accurate, but fairly accurate so I've heard.

However this only applies for 2 more weeks. On June 1st a female takes the reigns as top dawg at UPS for the first time ever. I don't want to sound sexist, yet, have you ever listened to Helter Skelter?
Ancient astronaut theorists say, yes.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Ancient astronaut theorists say, yes.
Outlaw Josey Wales on History tonight.

I need ALIENS!!!

Take your fingernail and scratch your arm semi-deeply. It will scab over and be healed in a week. That's not some long hair ZigZag man behind that phenomenon. That's alien intelligence.

Think about it...

Any good worker in the building gets leniency. I give my good employees more slack than the :censored2:ty ones. Life happens and it's important to me that my employees fix their personal stuff and return ASAP at max capacity.

I learned this from my boss at UPS, because it works. It's been one of the best investments I've made - I'm not wasting my time or theirs while they deal with their problems. I can make adjustments better with them not around than I can when they need special circumstances etc. I'd rather it just get out of the way.

Keep your best and brightest half functioning, and they still run circles around the lower tier employees.