Article 40/air drivers picking up grounds

FlipOldman

Customers also try to stuff packages in there that are too big and they get stuck. Then other customers can't put anything in there because the big box is blocking them. Sometimes I can't even get the package out because they really jammed it in there and then closed the door on it.
In the old days I wouldn't mind if the customers would put grounds in the letter boxes because they didn't know any better. But then UPS started putting up signage to encourage this. That's what ticks me off. UPS wants that extra cash but they don't want to pay the air drivers for the extra work.

FlipOldman

I wish we had the technology to automatically pay air drivers at the top ground rate whenever a ground package is scanned. That would make things a lot easier and end all this confusion. Then if the bosses don't want to pay they can instruct the air drivers to never touch grounds.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Customers also try to stuff packages in there that are too big and they get stuck. Then other customers can't put anything in there because the big box is blocking them. Sometimes I can't even get the package out because they really jammed it in there and then closed the door on it.
In the old days I wouldn't mind if the customers would put grounds in the letter boxes because they didn't know any better. But then UPS started putting up signage to encourage this. That's what ticks me off. UPS wants that extra cash but they don't want to pay the air drivers for the extra work.
I was part time for 8 years and have been driving full time package car routes for 24 more years and was actually considering bidding a 22.3 job, with air driving content....but now I'm not so sure it's for me???

These horror stories have been very enlightening.
First the abuse at The UPS Store, then those drop box scenarios???

I don't know how you do it...
....Stay strong Brother!!!!

FlipOldman

Thanks Bubblehead. I've never heard the term 22.3 job. What is that? I've been thinking about trying to get an overnight shuttle route. I know one guy who does one. He drives to a city about 2 or 3 hours away in a small package car, picks up packages and brings them back to the airport. He gets 8 hours a day. That's what I need. 20 hours is not enough to live on, and 60 is too much if you want to have a life. 40 would be ideal for me.

Thanks Bubblehead. I've never heard the term 22.3 job. What is that? I've been thinking about trying to get an overnight shuttle route. I know one guy who does one. He drives to a city about 2 or 3 hours away in a small package car, picks up packages and brings them back to the airport. He gets 8 hours a day. That's what I need. 20 hours is not enough to live on, and 60 is too much if you want to have a life. 40 would be ideal for me.
You know how many other want those kind of hours?

brown_trousers

Haha. A full-time gravy air driving job. Get in line. That bid sheet better be a couple pages long, because everyone is gonna put there name on it