"As long as work is available"

JL 0513

Question about the title of threeaand regarding this new language proposal.

Is it true that there will no longer be a "40 hour guarantee" for RPCD's or does this refer to CPCD's? Meaning lots of potential layoffs on Mondays because "work isn't available"?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Question about the title of threeaand regarding this new language proposal.

Is it true that there will no longer be a "40 hour guarantee" for RPCD's or does this refer to CPCD's? Meaning lots of potential layoffs on Mondays because "work isn't available"?
Yes. It pertains to current full time drivers.

Box Ox

contract is ok for current full time drivers. i'm in like flynn

Is it?

Yes.

oFMcNoF.jpg

JL 0513

We got these in our center today. I noticed the 40 hr guarantee thing and was perplexed that it would be allowed that combo drivers could be hired taking work to the weekend and then a 10 year driver could be layed off Monday!! How could this even be a serious proposal?

Box Ox

We got these in our center today. I noticed the 40 hr guarantee thing and was perplexed that it would be allowed that combo drivers could be hired taking work to the weekend and then a 10 year driver could be layed off Monday!! How could this even be a serious proposal?

Something had to have gone terribly wrong somewhere in the negotiation process. Somebody got paid, or blackmailed, or was told the Republicans who control the entire federal government right now would be determined to not let a strike be successful.

Time for change

They should have put a cap on hybrid drivers at 40 hours per week or double time over 40 also. So many things wrong with the hybrid language, it’s absolutely mind boggling how stupid and/or corrupt Taylor and the IBT are.

Time for change

They should have put a cap on hybrid drivers at 40 hours per week or double time over 40 also. So many things wrong with the hybrid language, it’s absolutely mind boggling how stupid and/or corrupt Taylor and the IBT are.

Griff

Denis T and all the frauds that call themselves the "leadership" at the IBT should be ashamed of themselves. UPS came to the table and pushed these wimps around, the IBT is ran by some real cowards. Their fake bravado of a strike vote was done so that they could save face before hand. This is, without a doubt, the most concession laden contract I have ever seen put forth since I've been at UPS.

Hoffa needed to lose his job after the last contract and we failed to do that.

john chesney

contract is ok for current full time drivers. i'm in like flynn
Does this mean all you care about is yourself? I hope I’m just misinterpreting what you said. I’m retired and still concerned about the good people I left behind.Ups don’t follow contracts and our grievance procedure allows them to drag things on forever.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The part that sucks is that so many people are uninformed and simply go off of what others tell them instead of doing the research themselves that they'll just vote however the union representatives and leadership in their building tells them to vote...and if those people are being told to sell the contract as a good one then people will vote "yes" on that basis alone.

I'm a steward in a building where I'm spreading the "no" vote on the basis of no catch-up raises for part-timers among other things. I've been doing so for a while now. However, another steward actually was going around telling them they WILL get a catch-up raise, and one of the employees immediately questioned me about it, telling me "Why'd you tell us we wouldn't get a catch-up raise?" as if I was the one who was lying! It was quite the insult!
People tend get lazy when it comes to any research for the important stuff. Some will never learn that a little “homework” goes a long way.

Staydryitsraining

The part that sucks is that so many people are uninformed and simply go off of what others tell them instead of doing the research themselves that they'll just vote however the union representatives and leadership in their building tells them to vote...and if those people are being told to sell the contract as a good one then people will vote "yes" on that basis alone.

I'm a steward in a building where I'm spreading the "no" vote on the basis of no catch-up raises for part-timers among other things. I've been doing so for a while now. However, another steward actually was going around telling them they WILL get a catch-up raise, and one of the employees immediately questioned me about it, telling me "Why'd you tell us we wouldn't get a catch-up raise?" as if I was the one who was lying! It was quite the insult!
Our pters have 1 steward who really only chases money. Safety isnt a big concern, working conditions arent either. We luckily have multiple driver stewards but some can be found sharing breakfast with sups. Havent seen a BA in 6 months.