"As long as work is available"

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by DoYouEvenLift, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Blackstream

Blackstream Active Member

And I expect the union will be fighting to reverse some of the damage in future contracts, giving up stuff they could have fought for for everyone else, and act like it's a big win that 22.4s now have 9.5 protection or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. We need to all vote no. This hybrid thing can’t happen. If you thought they were running it to thin before, they will cut back even more. VOTE NO

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Question about the title of threeaand regarding this new language proposal.

Is it true that there will no longer be a "40 hour guarantee" for RPCD's or does this refer to CPCD's? Meaning lots of potential layoffs on Mondays because "work isn't available"?

4. Observer

Observer Active Member

Did Denis T respond to the "as long as work is available" on the conference call or was it ignored totally?

5. reginald95

reginald95 Active Member

contract is ok for current full time drivers. i'm in like flynn

6. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

Yes. It pertains to current full time drivers.

7. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Is it?

Yes.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

We got these in our center today. I noticed the 40 hr guarantee thing and was perplexed that it would be allowed that combo drivers could be hired taking work to the weekend and then a 10 year driver could be layed off Monday!! How could this even be a serious proposal?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  9. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Something had to have gone terribly wrong somewhere in the negotiation process. Somebody got paid, or blackmailed, or was told the Republicans who control the entire federal government right now would be determined to not let a strike be successful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Time for change

Time for change Active Member

They should have put a cap on hybrid drivers at 40 hours per week or double time over 40 also. So many things wrong with the hybrid language, it’s absolutely mind boggling how stupid and/or corrupt Taylor and the IBT are.

11. Time for change

Time for change Active Member

They should have put a cap on hybrid drivers at 40 hours per week or double time over 40 also. So many things wrong with the hybrid language, it’s absolutely mind boggling how stupid and/or corrupt Taylor and the IBT are.

12. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

87A76533-1D7C-43F5-80D6-78CB29D0A321.jpeg

13. DoYouEvenLift

DoYouEvenLift Member

This is gold

14. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Yep. I really hope folks make sure every point has been addressed for their second and third votes. None of that :censored2: has to happen. The Company is hugely profitable, just got a huge tax break and is enjoying healthy economic conditions.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Griff

Griff Active Member

Denis T and all the frauds that call themselves the "leadership" at the IBT should be ashamed of themselves. UPS came to the table and pushed these wimps around, the IBT is ran by some real cowards. Their fake bravado of a strike vote was done so that they could save face before hand. This is, without a doubt, the most concession laden contract I have ever seen put forth since I've been at UPS.

Hoffa needed to lose his job after the last contract and we failed to do that.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

Does this mean all you care about is yourself? I hope I’m just misinterpreting what you said. I’m retired and still concerned about the good people I left behind.Ups don’t follow contracts and our grievance procedure allows them to drag things on forever.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. DOK

DOK Well-Known Member

The payoff was Ups’s bailout of the various pension plans across the country, on being The Central States Fund to the tune of $6bil.

18. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

People tend get lazy when it comes to any research for the important stuff. Some will never learn that a little “homework” goes a long way.

19. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

0D139C7D-196C-425D-BB01-AEF8551BFDF3.png

20. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

Our pters have 1 steward who really only chases money. Safety isnt a big concern, working conditions arent either. We luckily have multiple driver stewards but some can be found sharing breakfast with sups. Havent seen a BA in 6 months.