Repercussions for crossing a picket line?

Thebrownblob

There’s several young, newer full time supes here. I think they know a strike will mean the end for them, too.
My opinion is Strike or no strike lots of management going to be cut in the next five years. My Center has 4 on car Supervisor’s. There’s literally no need for four. Could easily be done with two maybe even one and a part timer. All of this technology is not to get rid of us is to get rid of middle-management.

Karma...

there will be no strike...Sean is level headed, realistic, practical and glib enough and will fashion out good contract with the minions at ups.....neither ups or the teamsters can afford a strike...too costly for both......I am retired so a strike will only help me....I am hedging my bets with tentative plans to dump all stock, hope for a strike, stock will go down and when it bottoms out buy back in ....most of the retirees are already doing this...I figure the current management considering the same......however, Sean is too good smart and too good of a businessman to want a strike.......it would cost the teamsters too many members thus Monet, benefits, reduced pensions etc....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
there will be no strike...Sean is level headed, realistic, practical and glib enough and will fashion out good contract with the minions at ups.....neither ups or the teamsters can afford a strike...too costly for both......I am retired so a strike will only help me....I am hedging my bets with tentative plans to dump all stock, hope for a strike, stock will go down and when it bottoms out buy back in ....most of the retirees are already doing this...I figure the current management considering the same......however, Sean is too good smart and too good of a businessman to want a strike.......it would cost the teamsters too many members thus Monet, benefits, reduced pensions etc....
Don’t touch my Monet.

kforte36

My opinion is Strike or no strike lots of management going to be cut in the next five years. My Center has 4 on car Supervisor’s. There’s literally no need for four. Could easily be done with two maybe even one and a part timer. All of this technology is not to get rid of us is to get rid of middle-management.
There are 5 centers in my building with about 75 drivers in each. There are 4 on car supervisors in my center. Not one on car supervisor in my center has more than six month's of driving experience. They will say they know a route if they've done a ride along. What a joke...

There are 5 centers in my building with about 75 drivers in each. There are 4 on car supervisors in my center. Not one on car supervisor in my center has more than six month's of driving experience. They will say they know a route if they've done a ride along. What a joke...
I don't want a strike, but there's a part of me that would like to see the :censored2: show going down when they try to get the sort down, then get routes done. Can't wait to punch my OR in the dick with the good ol' "what's with the sporh bro?"

kforte36

I don't want a strike, but there's a part of me that would like to see the :censored2: show going down when they try to get the sort down, then get routes done. Can't wait to punch my OR in the dick with the good ol' "what's with the sporh bro?"
It is a physical impossibility for ups to operate successfully during a strike if all union inside and driver employees were picketing. The company is on drugs if they think they can.