"As long as work is available"

reginald95

The part-timers really do have a grievance in this current contract. The wages have been abysmal from contract to contract. You can work like a dog for UPS loading trucks, unloading trailers or work a counter at McDonalds or Cash register at Walmart for the same pay. A lot of counties or states already have set a 15hr min wage by 2020 or sooner as well.

That being said, part-time jobs are meant as the word implies, PART-TIME. It’s not mean to be a livable wage by itself. I put in my time working like a dog making 300 bucks a week and now reaped the rewards. I’ll be dammed if I let some millennial ruin the gravy train. NO STRIKE!!!

Indecisi0n

Leonardo-DiCaprio-OMG.gif

M

MenInBrown

The part-timers really do have a grievance in this current contract. The wages have been abysmal from contract to contract. You can work like a dog for UPS loading trucks, unloading trailers or work a counter at McDonalds or Cash register at Walmart for the same pay. A lot of counties or states already have set a 15hr min wage by 2020 or sooner as well.

That being said, part-time jobs are meant as the word implies, PART-TIME. It’s not mean to be a livable wage by itself. I put in my time working like a dog making 300 bucks a week and now reaped the rewards. I’ll be dammed if I let some millennial ruin the gravy train. NO STRIKE!!!

This is more than just starting wage. Now that you’re a driver you feel as though you’ve made it. What happens to the new PTs that want to work just PT as you say and then reap the rewards? You don’t want them to get paid like you? Their top rate will be less in 5 years for what we get paid today. STRIKE!!!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The fact that a "tentative agreement" was reached months in advance of a deadline should tell you that one side or the other will be bending over and grabbing their ankles. UPS is not known to be the "bender", but more the "bendee".

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Did Denis T respond to the "as long as work is available" on the conference call or was it ignored totally?
It was ignored!
The payoff was Ups’s bailout of the various pension plans across the country, on being The Central States Fund to the tune of $6bil.
CS bailout was 2 contracts ago!
U young men ... that might not know ....this just isn’t UPS ....u r making a labor movement for the country
Started with the teachers! worked for them and will work for us!

cachmeifucan

Send them back to the table. Every person who voted against JH Jr should be a automatic no vote after reading this. JIMMY HOFFA SR. DAY RECOGNIZED HOLIDAY day after Thanksgiving. Jr if you are listening fight like your old man your the teamsters president throw your weight around.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
U young men ... that might not know ....this just isn’t UPS ....u r making a labor movement for the country
All the public will see is drivers will make 40 bucks a hour bringing packages to houses. We would be labeled as entitled pricks