ask an IE anything

tired of the misinformation around this place, sups and hourlies both

ask me your deepest questions as to how this place functions and I can answer them below the VP level

spoiler: whatever bothers you is probably not intentional, just incompetence; if it's IE's fault I'll tell you true

Thebrownblob

ask me your deepest questions as to how this place functions and I can answer them below the VP level

spoiler: whatever bothers you is probably not intentional, just incompetence; if it's IE's fault I'll tell you true
Why are all UPS management liars?

Why do we have so many supervisors?
we go by high level headcounts set by finance and due to our decentralized nature, if we "restructure" we just lower the headcount and let everyone figure it out

the smarter way would be to organize around a minimalist model where management only exist for business decisions and planning, then overstaff on hourlies so management can focus on decisions rather than fire drills; this would require trust, good decision making ability, and cohesion so it will never ever be enacted

Why does IE and management manipulate unit numbers on pick ups?
changing the unit numbers to certain codes invokes different (lower) time allowances to TRY to more accurately capture the work involved

picking up 1000 armchairs and 1000 envelopes aren't the same work; the default area numbers use a sorta-average so if out of the blue you go and pick up 10,000 paper envelopes whereas before you've only ever picked up 100 standard boxes, it's not going to give the correct credit

that said, some sups who have learned the codes may abuse it, OE + security would love to meet them

Thebrownblob

changing the unit numbers to certain codes invokes different (lower) time allowances to TRY to more accurately capture the work involved

picking up 1000 armchairs and 1000 envelopes aren't the same work; the default area numbers use a sorta-average so if out of the blue you go and pick up 10,000 paper envelopes whereas before you've only ever picked up 100 standard boxes, it's not going to give the correct credit

that said, some sups who have learned the codes may abuse it, OE + security would love to meet them
Some sups abuse, it? I think you mean they are directed from above to abuse it. They don’t even ask they just do without any knowledge of what packages were picked up. I don’t care, but it just the most dishonest company you could possibly work for absolutely no integrity.

Thebrownblob

Why are we no longer allowed to input over 70 on deliveries? The dishonest system does not capture the majority of them. Whoever invented that should be fired for recording inaccurately.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why can we no longer address correct on the diad? Previous diad had that feature so shipper got hit with correction fee.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Sounds like you are willing to burn bridges.... before you get replaced ?

over9five

Staff member
Why can we no longer address correct on the diad? Previous diad had that feature so shopper got hit with correction fee.
Stupid drivers over-using it.
I got hit with one. Addressed to 4B Main St, got "corrected" to 4 Main St Suite B.
I called, told them I was a 30 year driver, and I knew how to address a package. They refunded me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Stupid drivers over-using it.
I got hit with one. Addressed to 4B Main St, got "corrected" to 4 Main St Suite B.
I called, told them I was a 30 year driver, and I knew how to address a package. They refunded me.
I have a route with like 4 zip codes. People use the wrong address and it might take 15-20 mins to go back. Always the same yahoo's that mix addresses.

Some sups abuse, it? I think you mean they are directed from above to abuse it. They don’t even ask they just do without any knowledge of what packages were picked up. I don’t care, but it just the most dishonest company you could possibly work for absolutely no integrity.
absolutely not unless you mean by their DM or ops manager, then i dunno it's possible but generally at that level they're not stupid enough to openly instruct something that could cost them their job

Why are we no longer allowed to input over 70 on deliveries? The dishonest system does not capture the majority of them. Whoever invented that should be fired for recording inaccurately.
drivers and sups abused it, the focus is on getting the customer to accurately report it
i don't agree with it, but that's the logic

Thebrownblob

drivers and sups abused it, the focus is on getting the customer to accurately report it
i don't agree with it, but that's the logic
So the logic is drivers are liars management are not? It’s really just piss poor management if you can’t target, the people using it in accurately. This makes me feel better about calling all management liars lol.