ask an IE anything

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
How do so many shippers get away with heavy ass packages obviously underweighed on the label? Do they actually get audited and billed accordingly?

What ultimately happens when two or more packages that have the same label go through the system and are delivered?

anonymous23456

Why doesn't UPS start a new division like "2 men with a truck" to deal with heavy packages? Very soon UPS may have to deliver furniture and appliances.

anonymous23456

How do so many shippers get away with heavy ass packages obviously underweighed on the label? Do they actually get audited and billed accordingly?

What ultimately happens when two or more packages that have the same label go through the system and are delivered?
I believe they are charged. We just don't see the financial details?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd

I believe they are charged. We just don't see the financial details?
I believe that’s what revenue recovery is for. Not too certain. They’re under a different management team apart of the hub. Grievance hearings are a pain since their lead is manages different buildings.

DRAGON II

Stupid drivers over-using it.
I got hit with one. Addressed to 4B Main St, got "corrected" to 4 Main St Suite B.
I called, told them I was a 30 year driver, and I knew how to address a package. They refunded me.
Actually there is no such address as 4B..unless there was a building/property numbered 4B. 4 is the correct address for (building/property) for the street and suite B is inside the building. That is why it was corrected. It is an error on ORION (every ones favorite)

You DO NOT know how to address a package even after 30 years.

Your welcome.

Actually there is no such address as 4B..unless there was a building/property numbered 4B. 4 is the correct address for (building/property) for the street and suite B is inside the building. That is why it was corrected. It is an error on ORION (every ones favorite)

Your welcome.
You're welcome*
Hope that helps.
As far as the building address goes he is correct

I have buildings that are 1a, 1B and 1C then they have a suite number also

Thebrownblob

Your welcome.
What’s happening buddy? Do you got your Browns ready for December 23? Did they threaten you with financial ruin If you did not travel to one of the places that might’ve gone on strike Monday? How many On road sup do you think you’ll have left after January 31? Hope your holidays are joyous!!

@catstalking
Dispatch blames IE for reducing an well-established air delivery route, to a fraction of what it once was... The incoming volume to the small center remains the same as always, and the number of drivers and routes remain the same. The air route covers a whole zip code, and all the routes under it. Local dispatch claims IE is making these decisions, but both dispatcher and management are lying sociopathic swine, so we still suspect them. (The only way to know for sure would be to come in at 3-4AM and break into the office and dispatch computers.)

Are the local managers lying swine?
Or...
Is IE making an effort to starve off the remaining Air Drivers?

Could this be a directive from the District level management?
so that's a complicated one right:
  • on one hand, dispatch HEAVILY overuses air drivers to fix their own :censored2:ty dispatch decisions
  • on the other hand, there is a lot of utility in having air drivers depending on the vol and territory
IE absolutely wants to reduce air drivers to the bare minimum, sometimes this means squeezing the ops until something breaks to find the real needed amount

that said, IE can't force anyone to not have an air driver if they really want one
the DM ultimately runs the show, and even the highest rank IE can be told to :censored2: off by a single stubborn DM

supposed to get caught and billed at the origin acceptance sort; hubs aren't bad about this, local sorts are awful

The Eclipse

Why doesn't UPS start a new division like "2 men with a truck" to deal with heavy packages? Very soon UPS may have to deliver furniture and appliances.
that's how Amazon handles it, their Fulfillment Centers are segregated by the size packages they handle

i wish we would do that, we could get back 20 years of building capacity just kicking the irregs out of the system