Asking for Double Time

floridays

So lts of people where I work are on medical leave and we are very short staffed. I've been working some mornings each week. Next week I'm on vacation but will be home. They need me then, too. But I told the manager that working during my vacaton would require me getting double time. I like the guy and help a lot. But business is business. Why am I feeling guilty?
No spine?

floridays

If you are full time, it is double time and 1/2. Vacation pay plus time and half for hrs worked.
Almost like winning the scratch off to early retirement.
Opps, scratch that, your ass is in a seat Monday morning.

My point in the end it don't mean much, this week it may.

For a guy that wanted to leave, what's it like still having to work after blowing your salvation check?

Yeah you bubba, I'm askin you.
Don't blow it off and expect someone else to pick up your slack.

floridays

Don’t feel guilty. His management problems are not YOUR problems. If DO you work, you WILL get double time (Vacation and regular pay) and I have no idea how it works over 8.
I I ever had kids again, your are the type of mother I would want looking out for my youngins.
Vacation pay and regular pay do not equal double time however.
It simply means you took your vacation pay early on a week you worked.
Equivalent of selling a week back.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Would you rather read a policy or spend the money that proves the policy and payroll aren't on the same page?
There's a policy in place, in plain black and white text, and you were given the title of the book that contains it as well as the chapter... yet you dispute it.

Go figure.

falcon back

There's a policy in place, in plain black and white text, and you were given the title of the book that contains it as well as the chapter... yet you dispute it.

Go figure.
Myself and 2 others posted that OT was paid for working while being paid vacation time... yet you dispute it.

Go figure.

bacha29

"People Manual"? (lmfao) There isn't a single term or condition in that so called "People Manual" that is legally binding upon Fedex . If that's not the case then can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make it binding? It's like a Ground contractors contract. Who's going to enforce it? In the meantime Fat Freddy will continue to do whatever he damn well pleases no matter what his so called "People Manual" has to say just as long as he can find people dumb enough to believe what's in it.

"People Manual"....This is absolutely hilarious. You corporate genital scrubbers crack me up.

zeev

Straight time for working during vacation or holidays. People manual totally worthless just a load of lies. Expect it to get much worse.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
People Manual, section 1-15 ("Vacation for Nonexempt Employees"):

Now you show me in the People Manual where it says you get OT pay for working on a vacation.
Something tells me management at his station is working around the policy and as he said are putting it in as “day off” rather than as vacation days, which would probably cause them to be paid OT.

dezguy

Get a 5th grader to read you the post from people confirming I am correct. I am sorry there are no pictures for you to look at.
You said you could prove it with a pay cheque. Post it or shut up.

Pretty tough talk from a guy who only finished high school.

vantexan

Something tells me management at his station is working around the policy and as he said are putting it in as “day off” rather than as vacation days, which would probably cause them to be paid OT.
All I know is my manager was desperate to cover a route on my vacation week. Told me I could either take the vacation on a later date if I want, or he could give me the vacation pay plus time and a half for every hour worked. He wasn't forcing me to not take vacation, just offering me that choice if I was willing to work that week.