Atlantic supplement

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
6E9B024C-DCBA-41FF-A9AC-8C2C96E08CF0.png
C1B9B0EF-1350-4BE4-A0A8-FC9FBE7D80AB.png

Go Back to the Bargaining Table if UPSers Vote No

bowhnterdon

And now, the supplements that didn’t have 50% participation, are being forced. Including the Atlantic. As a Steward, had several people ask me “why stay in the Union”. I used to jump on that, now I just say, Call the Local if you want to get out...

oldupsman

And now, the supplements that didn’t have 50% participation, are being forced. Including the Atlantic. As a Steward, had several people ask me “why stay in the Union”. I used to jump on that, now I just say, Call the Local if you want to get out...

It's going to happen a lot more than the IBT ever thought possible.

AGKLM

Assuming that they're going to ratify the master, I would look for them to at least put 9.5 protection for 22.4s in the Atlantic and hope that that's enough to get it approved on the next vote.

22.4s will have the older 9.75 protection in the Atlantic Area. This language came before the 9.5 language in the National Master. There is no monetary penalty.

ARTICLE 53 - WAGES AND HOURS
Section 2 - Hours of Work and Overtime

"Employees shall have the right to file a grievance if the Company
has continually (means any three (3) days in five (5) consecutively
scheduled work days) caused an employee to work over nine (9)
hours and forty-five (45) minutes per day"

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
22.4s will have the older 9.75 protection in the Atlantic Area. This language came before the 9.5 language in the National Master. There is no monetary penalty.

Can you post the actual Contracting language from the Atlantic? I have seen and read all kinds of things.

Box Ox

Just looked at the '18-'23 Atlantic Area TA and there's absolutely no such language in it.

AGKLM

Yep. Tell me where

That is a 7 page SUMMARY of the Atlantic Area TA. That is only showing you what has been changed, added or removed. It's not the full supplemental agreement. The Atlantic Area has had the 9.75 language since before the 9.5 language was added to the National Master. The 9.75 language was not changed nor removed so it will not show up in a 7 page SUMMARY of the '18-'23 TA.

542thruNthru

Thanks. Are 22.4s in other regions that had similar language also protected unless the language has been stripped out from their current supplement?

Yes but think of it this way. If this language was worth anything why was 9.5 added?

The company will ignore it and promise to comply every time they get a grievance.

No monetary penalty means it's worthless. We have the same in the west as well.