Attendance Issues

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m sorry that I even brought it up. No one gives a :censored2: about anything at this :censored2:hole company. Real companies wouldn’t put up with it.
giphy-1.gif

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
I’m sorry that I even brought it up. No one gives a :censored2: about anything at this :censored2:hole company. Real companies wouldn’t put up with it.

I agree with other companies not putting up with it. When I was 18 I got a job at the postal service but didn't make it past the first three months. They told me my performance was excellent but my attendence sucked. More than 3 lates for the 90 days. My probation at UPS was about the same attendence wise, but they were happy to keep me permanently after peak season. Different companies, different standards. UPS still seems to get by so I guess it doesn't matter that much?

I agree with other companies not putting up with it. When I was 18 I got a job at the postal service but didn't make it past the first three months. They told me my performance was excellent but my attendence sucked. More than 3 lates for the 90 days. My probation at UPS was about the same attendence wise, but they were happy to keep me permanently after peak season. Different companies, different standards. UPS still seems to get by so I guess it doesn't matter that much?
Driver or loader?

Days

I feel like I know someone like this at every place I’ve worked. No call no show, sick all the time, etc. but they still work there. He might just have a great personality that allows him to get away with more.

UPS is a whole different beast. And being late actually has the same markings as a no call no show from what I know. Even if you’re a minute late, it goes on the record and they can use that in the future for disciplinary action

rod

Retired 22 years
Damn, the guy the OP describes like me about 13 years ago at UPS. I used to no call no show every Wednesday like clockwork to hang out with friends, drink, and play video games. The sup told me during a verbal warning that the records showed that I had been late to work 186 consecutive days. I was impressed that they kept a record that far back. Yet still here I am. I know I can't pull that same type of :censored2: as a driver. But man on the sort aisle in the hub those were some carefree easy days of work.

Not sure if any of my coworkers felt the way the OP did, but you know what? I don't give a damn. TBH I don't think any of them did either.

Don't be surprised if you make it to retirement and you don't have enough credited time to qualify. The Union keeps impressive records also.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Driver or loader?

I was a sorter on the primary sort aisle when I was late everyday and missed all those Wednesdays.

As a driver I've never no call no showed. I'm still late a ton but only by a few minutes, usually walking in during the PCM or right after it. They don't trip off of that, unless attendence is flavor of the month. Otherwise, as long as I have no late air they don't seem to care.

As a matter of fact the only time I've ever been in the office was as a newbie. I got to my last air stop, which was a bulk stop in RDL. But they put all the air in the front of the truck in section 1 still. Like a :censored2:, I scanned all 100 packages from the RDL section then got a signature and hit stop complete, totally forgetting about the air packages in the front. By the time I realized, I look at the board and it's 10:34. Called and let them know that I was gonna have 18 late air. They let me know I'd be guaranteed to be in the office the next morning. Lol.

Don't be surprised if you make it to retirement and you don't have enough credited time to qualify. The Union keeps impressive records also.

I plan to put in 40 years, so I should be good. Got 21 so far so I still got a ways to go.

Last edited: