Attendance Policy

wilberforce15

People who work in the trades are noted for coming and going as they please---no matter how pissed off their customers are.
It's good to be in high demand.

I tell my sons that if they learn these things and actually do whatever they say, they can charge whatever they want.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's good to be in high demand.

I tell my sons that if they learn these things and actually do whatever they say, they can charge whatever they want.
That is the problem. Very few actually do what they say they will do and do it in the time limit they quote. None of them know how to return a call.

wilberforce15

That is the problem. Very few actually do what they say they will do and do it in the time limit they quote. None of them know how to return a call.
For sure. And yet they still get plenty of 'work.' It's good to be in high demand with low supply.

But a handyman who actually shows up, returns calls, uses complete sentences, doesn't dress like a slob, and does quality work?

He can make 1k/day.

Literally 100 bucks an hour or more.

PT Car Washer

For sure. And yet they still get plenty of 'work.' It's good to be in high demand with low supply.

But a handyman who actually shows up, returns calls, uses complete sentences, doesn't dress like a slob, and does quality work?

He can make 1k/day.

Literally 100 bucks an hour or more.
I agree. There are a lot of scam artist out there.

clean hairy

Let your steward and BA know what the company is trying to do here. They can’t just implement new company policies. We have a contract, enforce it.
Outside agreements are not valid as per the contract.
The company is making up its own outside rules not in the contract.
Makes them null and void...

wilberforce15

Pfft Wilbur you live in fantasyland!
Pedro and his band of banditos won't allow that. You must live in like Maine or Quakertown, PA.
Pedro and his band don't answer calls, don't show up on time, don't write in complete sentences, and don't do good work.

You'll never have to advertise, and upper middle class folks will pass your name around like hot cakes.