Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
What’s with all you pusillanimous that need to go get a dr’s note? Do you know that HIPPA laws make it unnecessary and often illegal for the doctor to share medical records with a third party? It’s none of UPS friend’n business what’s the matter with you. If you’re sick, call in sick. We have a bargained benefit for time off due to illness. Even though you’re a newbie, if you’re sick, you’re sick. Show up when you’re well and get to work. All you other Sissies need to stand up for yourselves and stop forfeiting your bargained rights.

I had a bad string of luck back in March with my health. Had the cold and flu and sinusitis and walking pneumonia then viral pneumo. My mistake was I should have just missed work in one shebang, instead of crawling out of bed for 4h of more contagion and stress on my body.

They would end up counting Tuesday and Thursday as individual occurrences, or say I was out MWF. Anyway I get notes for all this shjt and have my steward come in again for management to tell me to fu○k myself, lectured about attendance and progressive discipline.

I'm sitting there listening to this clown show just wanting to die anyway. Just tell me there's a letter then a suspension and cut me loose I'm not in a principal's office.

They only did it to scare me into perfect peak attendance, I'd later find out. How do these people sleep at night.

brownIEman

I had a bad string of luck back in March with my health. Had the cold and flu and sinusitis and walking pneumonia then viral pneumo. My mistake was I should have just missed work in one shebang, instead of crawling out of bed for 4h of more contagion and stress on my body.

They would end up counting Tuesday and Thursday as individual occurrences, or say I was out MWF. Anyway I get notes for all this shjt and have my steward come in again for management to tell me to fu○k myself, lectured about attendance and progressive discipline.

I'm sitting there listening to this clown show just wanting to die anyway. Just tell me there's a letter then a suspension and cut me loose I'm not in a principal's office.

They only did it to scare me into perfect peak attendance, I'd later find out. How do these people sleep at night.

That sucks and I know it must have been a pain to go through.

However, having been in the other side of that I can tell you they do it because that's the one reliable way to get people to make getting to work a priority who otherwise would not. Remember, when an employee starts missing a bunch of work management has no way of knowing if that employee is actually sick or is becoming someone who does not care about showing up and should probably go.

clean hairy

What’s with all you pusillanimous that need to go get a dr’s note? Do you know that HIPPA laws make it unnecessary and often illegal for the doctor to share medical records with a third party? It’s none of UPS friend’n business what’s the matter with you. If you’re sick, call in sick. We have a bargained benefit for time off due to illness. Even though you’re a newbie, if you’re sick, you’re sick. Show up when you’re well and get to work. All you other Sissies need to stand up for yourselves and stop forfeiting your bargained rights.
A return to work does not violate privacy.
It is only that the person was ill and can return to work on a certain date.

Of course, OP is too sick to go see the Doc, but is not too sick to be posting on here....