Attn: Scabs and would-be scabs

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What makes you think you are entitled to ANYTHING in the union contract?
I hear what you’re saying. I agree. The problem with the RTW laws is that they are completely unfair. I’ve always said that in order to deal with RTW, the union needs to litigate their own terms. Like zero representation and zero bargaining for these Scabs/RTW/Janus pieces of trash.

Time for change

Maybe you mean they wouldn’t be entitled to being called skilled and not getting paid the $1 an hour? Or maybe the 4 year seniority scab wouldn’t be entitled to make the same as a new hire?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Problem is that as a 25 year pro union member even I can see that their propaganda has ran its course. With the advent of social media, information is even more accessible to us. We can quickly fact check and compare contracts and communicate with one another over what we do and don’t have.

The union needs to produce.....bottom line they are a service that we pay for. They’re not a charity organization volunteering their time for us and as a dues paying customer I have the right to demand more and if their solicitation doesn’t meet my expectations then i(we) have the legal right to hold them accountable.

Trailer monkey

I’m confused though, are you talking what they would be entitled to by law?
By law they
Problem is that as a 25 year pro union member even I can see that their propaganda has ran its course. With the advent of social media, information is even more accessible to us. We can quickly fact check and compare contracts and communicate with one another over what we do and don’t have.

The union needs to produce.....bottom line they are a service that we pay for. They’re not a charity organization volunteering their time for us and as a dues paying customer I have the right to demand more and if their solicitation doesn’t meet my expectations then i(we) have the legal right to hold them accountable.
Or you mean the non competitive starting pay? They wouldn’t be entitled to that?
Nothing, they should all be fired or not hired at all

Staydryitsraining

Nothing will change with Hoffa. Look to the next prez for change if anything happens at all. Only way to not let the rtw movement kill the union is for the union to implement a 2 road contract. One road is sign up pay dues get the benefits, road 2 is you get nothing and pay nothing. Keep your bla bla to yourself it's the only way.

Milly

I hear what you’re saying. I agree. The problem with the RTW laws is that they are completely unfair. I’ve always said that in order to deal with RTW, the union needs to litigate their own terms. Like zero representation and zero bargaining for these Scabs/RTW/Janus pieces of trash.
Right to not represent

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Right to not represent
Because the issue comes in when your representatives must take time away from members to deal with thieves that don’t want to pay for services. They are essentially going through a fast food window, grabbing their food and screwing before they pay.

Milly

Because the issue comes in when your representatives must take time away from members to deal with thieves that don’t want to pay for services. They are essentially going through a fast food window, grabbing their food and screwing before they pay.
The right to freeloading and eroding everything that has to do with the labor movement.

F

Frankie's Friend

Have you seen this on YouTube?
Was it in San Francisco or Kentucky?

iruhnman630

The union is a third party that provides a service.

RTW laws recognize it as such.

If someone feels they are better off without the services of that third party, so be it.

Under no circumstances should the union be forced to provide their services for free.

Imchar1

What makes you think you are entitled to ANYTHING in the union contract?

Entitled? you mean like the concessions the union keeps agreeing to? Or do you mean the union agreeing to create an underclass of workers doing the same work for less money? You right im not entitled to any of that especially when I was a dues paying member. I did not pay dues to have the union do the company's bidding.

DirtySouth

The problem with RTW laws is that they are rooted entirely in white supremacy.

From The Ugly Racial History of “Right to Work” | Dissent:

But as other states consider such laws, it is important also to remember the ugly racial history of right-to-work legislation. A key driver of the right-to-work movement beginning in the 1930s was Texas businessman and white supremacist Vance Muse, who hated unions in part because they promoted the brotherhood of workers across racial lines. As author Mark Ames notes, Muse bluntly outlined the thinking behind “right to work,” declaring, “From now on, white women and white men will be forced into organizations with black African apes whom they will have to call ‘brother’ or lose their jobs.”

Time for change

Speaking of scabs, there is a picture of Denis T circulating.

upload_2018-10-15_15-45-15.jpeg