Attn: Scabs and would-be scabs

brown_trousers

Because the issue comes in when your representatives must take time away from members to deal with thieves that don’t want to pay for services. They are essentially going through a fast food window, grabbing their food and screwing before they pay.
True! But you can be guaranteed that if there is a law that allows for freeloading, there will be freeloaders.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Just for clarification here:

You are saying that the ones who are not a union member because the union absolutely refuses to listen to, nor does it care about the majority of its members and it insists on doing whatever it feels like doing with total disregard to what it's members want and or need are the scabs?

Just asking!

Inthegame

Just for clarification here:

You are saying that the ones who are not a union member because the union absolutely refuses to listen to, nor does it care about the majority of its members and it insists on doing whatever it feels like doing with total disregard to what it's members want and or need are the scabs?

Just asking!
The "majority" of members didn't vote. Just answering!

Benben

The "majority" of members didn't vote. Just answering!

What % of full time members voted?

Part time workers, for the most part as I am generalizing here, just want to punch out and leave so they can get back to their actual lives! To expect a part timer to spend (in his/her head) the hours it would take to read the offer and then to jump through the hoops to actually vote when all they are there for is the bennies is idiocy!

Inthegame

What % of full time members voted?

Part time workers, for the most part as I am generalizing here, just want to punch out and leave so they can get back to their actual lives! To expect a part timer to spend (in his/her head) the hours it would take to read the offer and then to jump through the hoops to actually vote when all they are there for is the bennies is idiocy!
IDK what the % is. I'd guess much higher from FT.
What hoops? Voting couldn't have been easier which was evident through the increased turnout.

Foamer Pyle

Most all started as part time. I think we forget this, sense we are busy bashing the largest percent of the company.
It’s a revolving door at my center, where part timers are concerned. They don’t stay very long, and most of them do not aspire to being a driver, after watching the ass kicking we take every day.

brown_trousers

I think the majority of full time employees voted. The part timers aren’t at UPS for a career. The part time turnover is very rapid these days.

Our wages and pensions would be very different if we did not have that low cost labor with high turnover. Aka part-time.

Just think of all that unvested pension money that gets recycled back into our pensions.

Bad Gas!

Everyone should stay in the union in rtw states..The union should have starting pay at 15-$ an hour years ago. I started at $6 an in 1979, by 1980 was at $10 an hour with progressions. Do the inflation math. Full timers in 1o82 were making $13 an hour top pay.. The union has failed their pt labor in my opinion.

Benben

What hoops? Voting couldn't have been easier which was evident through the increased turnout.

But was that the perception when they received that rather large envelope? Not being snarky here, when they received all that paper-"work" was it in their minds that it would take hours to read through?

PT Car Washer

Everyone should stay in the union in rtw states..The union should have starting pay at 15-$ an hour years ago. I started at $6 an in 1979, by 1980 was at $10 an hour with progressions. Do the inflation math. Full timers in 1o82 were making $13 an hour top pay.. The union has failed their pt labor in my opinion.
I started in 1977 and back then PT and FT sups absolutely did not handle packages. Now PT sups are just another higher paid package handler and FT driver sups are just another cover driver when there are too many call ins. How and when did this all happen?

RealPerson

Free Loading how??? Your DUES go to pay your Local Teamsters BA and presidents salary only.
UPS still pays the healthcare and Pension for every person in or out of the union.
Tell the UNION to quit giving back these things that real union members got way back in the day. This contract should of been like shooting fish in a barrel for the union.....
Representation?? Not sure about your local, but you have to do pretty much everything yourself, oh it's also best to show up for work and not get a DUI... These seem to be the only people that need representation around my local...
I mean if you miss that much work, late, and don't really want to be there, then why should the union fight to get a job back you don't want.
I see the same people that call everyone Scabs, the ones that milk the clock, are the most lazy, bend every rule, so on so on.... Oh and take the biggest piece of cake on founders day, LOL