Aug 1 70 cent raise!! How much will you be making?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're missing the whole point. By being the same pay, it is not the same pay. If the median home where you live costs twice as much as the median home where someone else lives, how is the same pay rate fair?

It's why different states have different minimum wages. Would it make sense for the minimum wage to be the same in both California and Tennessee? Working at McD's in each state is the same job, but you can't expect them to make the same. And they don't.

I totally got your point----I disregarded it.

It is your choice to live and work wherever you like.

Why do you feel it fair that you earn more than me for the same work?

Resident know-it-all.

You're missing the whole point. By being the same pay, it is not the same pay. If the median home where you live costs twice as much as the median home where someone else lives, how is the same pay rate fair?

It's why different states have different minimum wages. Would it make sense for the minimum wage to be the same in both California and Tennessee? Working at McD's in each state is the same job, but you can't expect them to make the same. And they don't.
$10 a day really doesn't allow you to afford that California home.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Im sure,you wouldn't mind,getting hit by many thingd.....for 25 bucks an hour!
:cheer_up:
gumby-2.gif
Got that right! lmao:beersmiley:

Overpaid Union Thug

$10 a day really doesn't allow you to afford that California home.
For that reason I'm pretty sure that making top rate as a driver in Tennessee, which I am, is far more rewarding than in California or other states with such a high cost of living. :) Unless a driver lives in Franklin or Brentwood, Tn.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

I totally got your point----I disregarded it.

It is your choice to live and work wherever you like.

Why do you feel it fair that you earn more than me for the same work?

Resident know-it-all.

How is it the same compensation if $33 is a lot less money in California than Texas? The two drivers are NOT being paid the same for the same work. That's the point you don't seem to care about.

Would you expect a delivery driver in Cambodia to make $33 US dollars an hour? He would be King if he did. Same comparison. Whether it's different states or different countries, currency is worth what the area/market dictates, not with the number on the bill.

Re-Raise

How is it the same compensation if $33 is a lot less money in California than Texas? The two drivers are NOT being paid the same for the same work. That's the point you don't seem to care about.

Would you expect a delivery driver in Cambodia to make $33 US dollars an hour? He would be King if he did. Same comparison. Whether it's different states or different countries, currency is worth what the area/market dictates, not with the number on the bill.
Why would your employer care what you can or can't buy with your wages?

AKCoverMan

There are states with no income taxes??

In Alaska we have no state income tax and no state sales tax. We let the oil companies pay for it all!

Plus we receive the Permanent Fund Dividend, each Alaskan gets a share of the earnings made on the state owned Permanent Fund which is basically a ginormous savings account of oil royalty money.

JL 0513

These states have no personal income taxes. Notice how these states are among those with the best balance sheets. States which tax the most are those with the most debt. California, ect...
  • Alaska
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • New Hampshire
  • South Dakota
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Washington
  • Wyoming