Auto Insurance

C

crystal_ball

With all the driver training we have, why dont insurance companies give us a better rate? Are there any sources thru the teamsters or OTR organizations that recognize us? Or is it like anything else where the good have to get punished for somebody elses dumb a**?

M

moreluck

In checking out car insurances, Liberty Mutual was one of the highest ones.

C

crystal_ball

They are probably trying to recoup the payouts on ups workman comp claims.

(Message edited by crystal_ball on May 08, 2005)

S

speeddemon

Insurance companies arent here to take care of you. They are here to make a profit.

I

isguy

Crystal,
Just went through shopping for car insurance, I thought the bill I got from my current carrier (State Farm) was on the high side. To my surprise, after web shopping, no one even came close to the rate I am currently paying. The quotes were anywhere from $200 - $1,00 higher. However, someone suggested going to Libery Mutual for a quote since we get a %10 discount with them. Bottom line, LM would have saved me about $40 a year from what I am currently paying, and a big plus is that they also offer payment through payroll deduction. However, since I have been with my local agent for over 20 years, and also have home and life insurance through them, I opted to stick with my local agent since I do like the personal and close by personal service they offer. There is a link through UPSERS.com for Libery Mutual.

W

wkmac

<font color="ff0000">They are probably trying to recoup the payouts on ups workman comp claims.</font>

LMAO!!!!!!

<font color="ff0000">Same can be said of the union...</font>

Big AMEN to Over9five. Well said most wise one!

S

sendagain

I found a company called Wawanesa that has pretty good rates. I got a letter from AARP telling me how much they could save me in car insurance, but the rates were a couple hundred more that what I was paying. It pays to shop around.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just switched my auto and house to GMAC. I saved over 1400$ (on my 06 envoy, alone) moving from allstate and yes they do recognize and give professional driving discounts.