baby bonding question

What'dyabringmetoday???

Perhaps some of you cowboys could consider that other people may have a different view. Perhaps some Fathers realize that this job will keep them away from home, sports events, musical events, birthday parties and so on. Perhaps that is why some Fathers choose to use the one chance they have to spend a couple months with their child. If they choose to take that time during peak to have at least one Thanksgiving and Christmas that doesn't revolve around UPS, then good for them. I suspect most of you naysayers can't figure out how to live two months without a paycheck. Maybe even jealous. ( I'll get the popcorn going).

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Is this what it takes to be a great dad ??
Jeez I must be a terrible father ,, like my father & grandfather , who I both love to this day , and both taught me to man up, I pulled my bootstraps up and dug in even harder and pulled many hours to give my kids a nice home , clothes and all the dance, baseball and everything they needed!!!
Guess what ? They are 23 & 27 and still love me !!

MAKAVELI

Jeez I must be a terrible father ,, like my father & grandfather , who I both love to this day , and both taught me to man up, I pulled my bootstraps up and dug in even harder and pulled many hours to give my kids a nice home , clothes and all the dance, baseball and everything they needed!!!
Good for you bro. Too bad they didn't teach you not to judge others on how they parent. Every family is different what works for one may not work for all.

rod

Retired 22 years
Good for you bro. Too bad they didn't teach you not to judge others on how they parent. Every family is different what works for one may not work for all.

I see every day how that "new style" of parenting is working out. Just what we need--a bunch of demanding everything- inconsiderate-no manors-think the world owes them a living- can't make change for a dollar crybaby brats.

MAKAVELI

I see every day how that "new style" of parenting is working out. Just what we need--a bunch of demanding everything- inconsiderate-no manors-think the world owes them a living- can't make change for a dollar crybaby brats.
Sounds just like Drumpf.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
My wife was cut open to give birth to both of our children (and had to have our stillborn middle child surgically removed from her). I suppose I should have manned up and gone back to work the next day each time, but I just had to take the easy way out and take care of the most important person in my life.
Oh, and "play daddy" too.

Covemastah

Who the friend--- was I judging !!!
I simply said if the baby was healthy , I'll add wife too ,,, there is no need for a guy to take three weeks home to be a stay at home mommy !!! Unless he can breast feed ...are you a breastfeeder !!!
Sure sounds it to me !!
You libs sure have a way of twisting things !!

Covemastah

My wife was cut open to give birth to both of our children (and had to have our stillborn middle child surgically removed from her). I suppose I should have manned up and gone back to work the next day each time, but I just had to take the easy way out and take care of the most important person in my life.
Oh, and "play daddy" too.
That wasn't what I implied ,,, get off you're high horse and don't distort what I was saying !!
Typical liberal , twist stuff and try to imply you are the bad guy !

MAKAVELI

Who the friend--- was I judging !!!
I simply said if the baby was healthy , I'll add wife too ,,, there is no need for a guy to take three weeks home to be a stay at home mommy !!! Unless he can breast feed ...are you a breastfeeder !!!
Sure sounds it to me !!
You libs sure have a way of twisting things !!
Not your friend* business if the parents decide to take off work to care for their child. Relax bro and don't worry about what someone else does.

Covemastah

Not your friend* business if the parents decide to take off work to care for their child. Relax bro and don't worry about what someone else does.
No , it became a general topic and that was my opinion , wasn't judging ,, only Jesus will judge !!
Have a great day

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
That wasn't what I implied ,,, get off you're high horse and don't distort what I was saying !!
Typical liberal , twist stuff and try to imply you are the bad guy !
It wasn't directed at you. For someone that likes to call everyone else a liberal, you sure are a sensitive little snowflake...

What'dyabringmetoday???

I don't think anybody commented on your parenting skills. I just don't see why everyone has such an issue if a Father wants to use FMLA. Perhaps nobody should get weekends off at UPS either? Not trying to pick a fight but maybe you will smell what I'm cooking.

Covemastah

I don't think anybody commented on your parenting skills. I just don't see why everyone has such an issue if a Father wants to use FMLA. Perhaps nobody should get weekends off at UPS either? Not trying to pick a fight but maybe you will smell what I'm cooking.
I do understand what you're saying , and I simply didn't agree, I never judged , belittled or bashed anyone , we grew up in different generations bud and we can agree to disagree ,, no harm or foul ,

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I feel like some people judging dads for spending time with their newborns are the same ones quick to say "money isn't everything" when it comes to working OT and 6th punches.