Back First, idiots!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Golf course tunnels aren't good shortcuts.

AmazonGolfCourseTunnel.jpg

cosis

Disagree. We are paid very well to do what we do, therefore the large majority take pride In their job and do it the right way. Where FedEx is paid like garbage and they act like it. If UPS paid ten bucks an hour with no bennies you’d see a whole lot of brown trucks doing the same stupid sheet.
this is why I saw a UPS truck in two different driveways in a matter of 2 minutes Friday

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Did you not have to go to Integrad? I know some drivers didnt but I did
I dodged a bullet and didn’t have to.
Didn’t even drive
Sat in a classroom and looked at a computer
Never put a diad in my hand
Went downtown with all the boys and got drunk every night
Uber’d there and back of course
And still came back and qualified

govols019

You smell that?
We have one left and the guy who drives it daily has driven it since it's first day. They even repainted it for him and everything. As cool as they look, god they're awful. Nobody ever used first gear and just started up into second, the high step killed your knees, and the fact that my legs touch the steering wheel because of how small the driver area is warrants enough reason to never use them ever again.

Don't forget that they only had a lap seat belt.

quad decade guy

Some do for sure. I would have given him a heads up.

But it really just boils down to the training. UPS drivers go through driver bootcamp while other drivers are given a set of car keys and told to do their best
Driver bootcamp? Huh? Where is this "camp"? I was given a set of keys and told to go make a pickup....first day. So, if we have all of this "training", why do we have so many accidents? Our vehicles are all beat to hell, tatted, dreaded etc. Sloppy uniforms. If we are so highly "trained"....it ain't workin.

quad decade guy

Disagree. We are paid very well to do what we do, therefore the large majority take pride In their job and do it the right way. Where FedEx is paid like garbage and they act like it. If UPS paid ten bucks an hour with no bennies you’d see a whole lot of brown trucks doing the same stupid sheet.
Ever seen our fleet? I get passed every morning by the same speeding pkg car in a WORK ZONE. Get passed by the same feeders in the same work zones every night. They tailgate, speed blah blah. How about on the yard? Wanna go there?

Zowert

That’s something I’d expect from an Amazon driver. I saw something similar one time with an Amazon contract driver in a white van. She back out of a drive way and knocked over a set of mailboxes. Got out looked at her van then got back in and drove away like nothing happened. I helped one of the homeowners fix it, two of the mail boxes were smashed up pretty good tho.

Airbear

But it really just boils down to the training. UPS drivers go through driver bootcamp while other drivers are given a set of car keys and told to do their best

Haha, do we indeed. My "training" was being sat in front of a computer for a week, and about 20 mins in a PC. Most of my 'class' killed the cones, couldn't back onto the dock, couldn't parallel park, killed the sup pretending to be a kid around the PC. Some couldn't get the 5 and 10s down.

End of the week, everyone "passed", even the 'ol 300lb lady who took 30 seconds just to exit the PC. Yeah. "Training". If UPS has the staff, the time, and doesn't desperately need warm bodies in vehicles NOW, then sure, maybe some drivers get "training".