DQ on day 2 for van across street backing into my truck on a turn.

542thruNthru

So, does this mean my classmates will hate me now because I have an earlier seniority date than they do?
who cares?!?!

I'm terrified of my center manager and no one from the center has texted me or anything yet. Heres to never going home before 9 pm for the foreseeable future. :sad-very:
yeah... you're not a coward

and who the friend are u calling a coward? ive stuck out preload waiting to try and get this back and my first driving experience was peak. say that to my face.
You...

And gladly. I live in San Diego CA. Stop by anytime. I'll buy you lunch and we can talk about how you need to grow a pair.
feeling a bit intimidated by this whole process doesnt make anyone a coward. feelings about this job is why this whole * site is even here!!
You're not intimidated by the process. You're scared of what your co workers will think and intimidated oh wait you said terrified by your center manager because you're....wait for it.... a coward.

Last edited by a moderator:

11.19igrad

who cares?!?!

yeah... you're not a coward

You...

And gladly. I live in San Diego CA. Stop by anytime. I'll buy you lunch and we can talk about how you need to grow a pair.

You're not intimidated by the process. You're scared of what your co workers will think and intimidated oh wait you said terrified by your center manager because you're....wait for it.... a coward.

so a new 22.4 is supposed to feel perfectly brazenly calm and collected around a 20+ year driver who worked his way up to management and who DQ'd me? It's so easy to talk big :censored2: when ur not the one going thru it. I ended up texting him, its fine. Maybe sometimes people on here are just using words for dramatic effect, you're not anyones shrink. All of us grown men and women were reduced to feeling like scared middle schoolers at integrad trying to to get thru our fives and tens. Like, whatever dude. Your computer screen makes you feel important.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
so a new 22.4 is supposed to feel perfectly brazenly calm and collected around a 20+ year driver who worked his way up to management and who DQ'd me? It's so easy to talk big :censored2: when ur not the one going thru it. I ended up texting him, its fine. Maybe sometimes people on here are just using words for dramatic effect, you're not anyones shrink. All of us grown men and women were reduced to feeling like scared middle schoolers at integrad trying to to get thru our fives and tens. Like, whatever dude. Your computer screen makes you feel important.

Lighten up.

@542thruNthru is just trying to "harden" you up, to the realities of UPS.

If you can't deal with him on the internet.... you won't do well against the company.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
before I created my account on here, I read all kinds of posts from all kinds drivers bitching about all kinds of :censored2:. so why am I any different????
You’re not really any different. The difference is that your posts come off like you’re scared. Almost as if you’re screaming at a high pitch. If you don’t grow some thick skin, take a couple deep breaths, and calm the bleep down both on this site and in dealing with the company as well as the union you’re never going to make it long term.

11.19igrad

this site is here to blow off steam so when high strung people like me are dealing with :censored2: that makes us anxious we can go back to work and feel calmer. so congrats to everyone that has perfectly adult huge balls for whatever life throws at them! must be nice!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
this site is here to blow off steam so when high strung people like me are dealing with :censored2: that makes us anxious we can go back to work and feel calmer. so congrats to everyone that has perfectly adult huge balls for whatever life throws at them! must be nice!

not sure if your cut out to drive a package car

maybe you should stay in the hub

542thruNthru

You do you my friend, but remember when you're scared or nervous about things is when you make mistakes. Do something you shouldn't like smoke a package or sign for a customer all because you're scared of your manager. Speed and get in a accident because you're afraid of being pulled into the office.

Fear is a powerful thing and management knows it that why they use it.

11.19igrad

You do you my friend, but remember when you're scared or nervous about things is when you make mistakes. Do something you shouldn't like smoke a package or sign for a customer all because you're scared of your manager. Speed and get in a accident because you're afraid of being pulled into the office.

Fear is a powerful thing and management knows it that why they use it.

those examples are plain stupidity. I was being facetious on that post being "scared". I was hoping for just a run of the mill qualification but instead, it became all convoluted and I don't like convoluted :censored2:. And I've read many times that management has ways to retaliate after a grievance and I actually like my classmates and just preferred us all to have the same date. I know they actually won't even know or care, I'm just blabbering on here because here it doesn't matter. I actually like my mgr, but yes, there is a lot no one teaches us and a lot we discover the hard way and a lot of ways new drivers will get screwed so a healthy dose of apprehension, not stupidity as you mentioned- I think is healthy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
those examples are plain stupidity. I was being facetious on that post being "scared". I was hoping for just a run of the mill qualification but instead, it became all convoluted and I don't like convoluted :censored2:. And I've read many times that management has ways to retaliate after a grievance and I actually like my classmates and just preferred us all to have the same date. I know they actually won't even know or care, I'm just blabbering on here because here it doesn't matter. I actually like my mgr, but yes, there is a lot no one teaches us and a lot we discover the hard way and a lot of ways new drivers will get screwed so a healthy dose of apprehension, not stupidity as you mentioned- I think is healthy.

I see a runner-gunner for life if they were to keep you

11.19igrad

so, I got my settlement march 10th and figured the virus was screwing everything up, my sup said it would be a few weeks. Well, my union reps filed last week on my seniority date which hasn't been updated or honored per the settlement and my sup texted me yesterday, said he didn't know and will get it worked out. Well, the union guys said they always say that and so now, I'm just waiting all over again? Any experience with the process after you win a grievance? I wish I could take everything I learned and go to a new center to start fresh. These guys seem like its pulling teeth to have me back. I am new, it was peak, I'm not gonna be perfect. jeez.