DQ on day 2 for van across street backing into my truck on a turn.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Biz mgr told me the hearing is on the 30th. Told me to hang in there he will give it all he got. I'm so ready to fcking walk out of preload every time I show up. FML FML FML
I wish you had pictures of the accident. I out of everyone here can tell you what's your chances at winning your grievance. If you were any where near that driveway, it's definitely 100% avoidable.

Zowert

Only humans would want to order :censored2: and then feel inconvenienced that another human has to drive a vehicle on streets to deliver the :censored2: they ordered.

No doubt. I remember my first week as a UPS driver, I had to block a driveway to deliver to this house, the dude just happened to be walking to his car at the time.. “YOU BETTER MOVE I’M LEAVING!” I told him that I would after I delivered his package. He didn’t say anything of course.

11.19igrad

Per my ctr mgr after my union rep grilled him to answer the question with a yes or a no, the answer was NO- I was not blocking the guy in his driveway. I was to the side across the street. The union rep said they would likely not settle it that day but might come back in a few days and settle it, otherwise panels in San Antonio March 17-19. Might take a birthday trip down there. I thought my union rep had them pretty good but whatever. If I win I get a few grand in back pay and a retroactive seniority date. so it's a 50-50 chance. If I lose I may or may not wait till June to try again. I have to think about it.

Mo19072

I am in Nashville @ Massman, south center. Drove about last 6 weeks all thru peak, absolutely busted my ass to get better. I went from 3 hrs over to under 30min in a few weeks. My body is broken, just absolutely worked so hard to get ready for Jan qualification.

This :censored2:ing chinese dude, speaks no English, backs and swings out of his driveway right into my truck across the street from him, his passenger bumper edge. I was at the door of the house, just dropped the package and heard a wreck right before I turned around. I get back at 9 pm with my sup totally and rightfully freaked out and long story short, after the union guy trying to argue in my defense, I am DQ. The manager does not call the cops and does not make sure I'm still on the clock during the DQ meeting, which I'm told is in my favor. I'm more concerned that people hitting our trucks while we are doing our :censored2:ing job- bringing people their :censored2:- is still considered an accident. Are we supposed to throw :censored2: from the truck?? We need 70 drivers and these are the games they play?

There needs to be a sensor system that detects when drivers are away from the package car and detects any collision that happens during this time. Unless we are parked in an intersection or obviously insane, its automatically not an avoidable accident. Furthermore, I feel like there should be a voting system by other drivers who vote anonymously if it's not anything costing ups money, (which this wasn't, the driver didn't ask for :censored2: from ups, why would he?) before the driver is disciplined.

I am mortified and humiliated and even though I most likely will get it back, it feels like they would rather cut off their thumbs. We aren't putting ourselves through this :censored2: because we WANT to :censored2: it up.

I think I'm naive and thought hard work meant something here.
First of all, the other driver’s nationality and his ability to speak English has nothing do with this.
Second, you failed to follow the method by selecting an unsafe parking location. You don’t park across from a driveway. You block the driveway to which you’re delivering but if there’s another just across the road from it you move up and leave enough room for other to pull in and out of both driveways.
Sometimes you just have to walk extra steps to be on the safe side.
Now UPS has a 30 day probationary period for a reason and I’m sorry that you failed it. This job ain’t for everyone. Wait for your next chance to qualify or move on.
Good luck

11.19igrad

First of all, the other driver’s nationality and his ability to speak English has nothing do with this.
Second, you failed to follow the method by selecting an unsafe parking location. You don’t park across from a driveway. You block the driveway to which you’re delivering but if there’s another just across the road from it you move up and leave enough room for other to pull in and out of both driveways.
Now UPS has a 30 day probationary period for a reason and I’m sorry that you failed it. This job ain’t for everyone. Wait for your next chance to qualify or move on.
Good luck
well tell that to the veteran union reps who all said I was parked just fine.

11.19igrad

Good luck
and even if I wasn't in that spot, that guy would have hit any car coming because he wasn't * looking. if you read this thread there's like a whole section talking about Asian drivers. Apparently that does play its part in this. Even my union rep said something about that at the hearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
and even if I wasn't in that spot, that guy would have hit any car coming because he wasn't fuking looking. if you read this thread there's like a whole section talking about Asian drivers. Apparently that does play its part in this. Even my union rep said something about that at the hearing.

Slam dunk
It’s a known fact Asians can’t drive for :censored2:

11.19igrad

I got to thinking, its really against our instinct to walk or drive backward without instinctively looking. If we try to do it without looking, we have to really actually try not to look. Its a survival instinct. If something is chasing us, we look behind us, if we are moving backward, we look behind us. So this guy saw my truck, he just misjudged how close he could get. Also, I've had so many people beeline to their door as soon as I pull up before I can even turn off the truck, so if they hear me INSIDE the house, this dude heard me and saw me. I hate preload and I have over a month to wait on the hearing so now and then I guess ill just whine about it. fml. fml.

11.19igrad

today my union rep emailed me a new decision which said I am to enjoy a 22.4 classification seniority date as of 11.10.19, (which was the first day I ever drove) and to report to my center tomorrow. He is going to call me with more details. So, does this mean my classmates will hate me now because I have an earlier seniority date than they do? I didn't even care about my seniority date, I just wanted my chance to qualify back. As much as I am happy, I'm terrified of my center manager and no one from the center has texted me or anything yet. Heres to never going home before 9 pm for the foreseeable future. :sad-very:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
today my union rep emailed me a new decision which said I am to enjoy a 22.4 classification seniority date as of 11.10.19, (which was the first day I ever drove) and to report to my center tomorrow. He is going to call me with more details. So, does this mean my classmates will hate me now because I have an earlier seniority date than they do? I didn't even care about my seniority date, I just wanted my chance to qualify back. As much as I am happy, I'm terrified of my center manager and no one from the center has texted me or anything yet. Heres to never going home before 9 pm for the foreseeable future. :sad-very:

welcome to the bizarro world of 22.4

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Why are you terrified of the center manager , follow work methods , work safe , keep your hands out of the pkgs and he can’t do a thing to you !
Do you know how many of these dick heads I’ve seen come and go over the years !!
I’m still here !! Congrats on the new date !

542thruNthru

Sorry but you sound like a pusillanimous.

Stop worrying about what the others will think of you and that your center manager might be upset. Geez you're a adult.. act like one.

11.19igrad

Why are you terrified of the center manager , follow work methods , work safe , keep your hands out of the pkgs and he can’t do a thing to you !
Do you know how many of these dick heads I’ve seen come and go over the years !!
I’m still here !! Congrats on the new date !
thanks!

11.19igrad

Sorry but you sound like a pusillanimous.

Stop worrying about what the others will think of you and that your center manager might be upset. Geez you're a adult.. act like one.
adults :censored2: up the world because when they dont know something or too afraid to be honest, they just keep it to themselves.... im just expressing feelings. feelings dont discriminate on age.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
adults :censored2: up the world because when they dont know something or too afraid to be honest, they just keep it to themselves.... im just expressing feelings. feelings dont discriminate on age.

E067FD16-F27F-4EB4-9CBE-E1724258587C.gif

11.19igrad

and who the friend are u calling a coward? ive stuck out preload waiting to try and get this back and my first driving experience was peak. say that to my face. feeling a bit intimidated by this whole process doesnt make anyone a coward. feelings about this job is why this whole * site is even here!!

Last edited by a moderator:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
and who the friend are u calling a coward? ive stuck out preload waiting to try and get this back and my first driving experience was peak. say that to my face. feeling a bit intimidated by this whole process doesnt make anyone a coward. feelings about this job is why this whole fuking site is even here!!
AFE268EF-9A73-4561-80E4-95175FBA2735.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
and who the friend are u calling a coward? ive stuck out preload waiting to try and get this back and my first driving experience was peak. say that to my face. feeling a bit intimidated by this whole process doesnt make anyone a coward. feelings about this job is why this whole fuking site is even here!!
39jjtd.jpg