Back first policy.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've never been given an allowance. Just told center wide we are worst in the district. Lol. How can we be worst when everyone else got the same status report?
Right after your name in our boards, there is a number.....tht is how many times we can back that day.........And it obviously doesnt know smile, or jack. When they give us add cuts.......

Marne Vet

Pardon my dumbness here, but isn't this parallel to Leaving Yourself An Out? I always leave myself so that I can pull right out of a situation, even if it means having to walk twice the distance. It's not worth the risk otherwise.

You're excused. See, the problem is is that some of us work in what's called a [HOOD]. Translation, the ghetto. Leaving yourself an out sounds like a wonderful idea doesn't it? Then out of nowhere some hood-rat backs right onto your bumper within an inch, and that cool little concept they teach us disintegrates. I have to back first almost 10+ times a day because of this. I leave a cushion in front every time I park, but the person in front will pull away and then it's the next jerk-off that backs onto my bumper. I should literally re-write the Five Seeing Habits to reflect my area. All Good Kids Like Methadone. Aim high when returning fire. Get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Keep your head down when you hear gunfire. Leave the hood before sundown. Make sure you have 911 on speed dial.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm just guessing those meaningless reports will eventually lead to warning letters, etc. even if thy have to come out and spy on you to see the bfe. Glad I'm close to retirement!
There really isnt anywhere on my rural area where they could spy on me without me seeing them. They can park by a gravel road or hide on the bushes and watch me drive past, but any car that follows me for long enough to watch me deliver stops is going to stick out like a cockroach on a wedding cake.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
10-15 BFE's? We are allowed on average 3 per day and are supposed to call if we are going to have more than that.
Its hilarious how your center has you constantly communicating with them about everything. Our target is one per day. On most routes I can get away without an exception most days. Some industrial routes that require backing to neighboring docks require it.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Fragile

10-15 BFE's? We are allowed on average 3 per day and are supposed to call if we are going to have more than that.

Are you serious? Who do you call and what do you say?

For instance, would you call your sup and say "Hey boss I need back my truck up after I completed this stop, I know I screwed up but what's done is done, so should I back first or should I just wait until the car in front of me moves?"

or

Do you get out the truck and push it back until you can start it by just going forward?

Please acknowledge the fact that you are being treated like little micro managed children.

PLEASE!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
its almost impossible not to have bfe. I average about 3-4 a day. I deliver all packages out my right side door. I may do one or two tiny letters out the drivers door. There is no way I will turn around before I can have a free path to a house. Than to try to hold a box as I'm climbing over the seat and lifting it over the steering wheel. Plus grabbing my hand rail.

Cementups

Box Monkey
its almost impossible not to have bfe. I average about 3-4 a day. I deliver all packages out my right side door. I may do one or two tiny letters out the drivers door. There is no way I will turn around before I can have a free path to a house. Than to try to hold a box as I'm climbing over the seat and lifting it over the steering wheel. Plus grabbing my hand rail.

Steering wheel doubles as a handrail, FYI. ;)

sigreq

I always have a couple back firsts, whenever they question me about it I always give them the same. Welp I was following my 10 rules of backing, I was in doubt so I got out and looked. Then I got back in the truck and finished my back. Deer in headlights everytime.

EmraldArcher

I always have a couple back firsts, whenever they question me about it I always give them the same. Welp I was following my 10 rules of backing, I was in doubt so I got out and looked. Then I got back in the truck and finished my back. Deer in headlights everytime.

Do you actually say "welp" like an insufferable prick?