Back to paper ballots

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Virginia offers you the choice of electronic or paper. I've used the machines before but the past few years I've gone back to always using the paper ballots.

Up In Smoke

Maybe if we all used paper in person ballets then Trump would be sitting in the oval office right now!
Sign up and become an election inspector. Follow how voters rolls are created and maintained. Help determine the criteria for the ballot layout and specs. Paper ballots sound fool proof, but would rely on 3-4 more times the poll workers and would take weeks to be tabulated.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sign up and become an election inspector. Follow how voters rolls are created and maintained. Help determine the criteria for the ballot layout and specs. Paper ballots sound fool proof, but would rely on 3-4 more times the poll workers and would take weeks to be tabulated.
My state's motto is "don't kill the job ".

oldngray

nowhere special
It is already taking weeks with the voting machines

Up In Smoke

Midterm results seemed to be determined within hours of polls closing. California had dozens of county and statewide referendums which need to be hand counted, so there's was delayed. Alaska and one other state do rank choice, which adds weeks to the count. I believe the Georgia runoff was final before midnight. When adequate polling locations and staff is available, the counts come in pretty quickly. The sites I oversee had our results submitted by 9pm and certified by 10pm.