Backs shot SOS

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Rad, Dec 5, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

1. Covemastah

Covemastah we keep you alive to serve this ship

Those two made me stay in my room for hours in jr high , lost an inch over them :)

2. Covemastah

Covemastah we keep you alive to serve this ship

Best advice on here !!!! Winner

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Please allow me to translate:

I will attempt to be brief. Back pain is causing me discomfort and mental anguish as I enjoy my work and work environment. I surely would hate to lose my employment here but I am in pain.

Could I stay home for the rest of peak in order to heal? This is not a Workmans Comp issue. Any advice is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Rad

Rad New Member

Well won’t I just get fired ? If I say I got hurt at work ? And have weed in my system ?

5. Rad

Rad New Member

Getting through today and seeing a doctor . I just feel bad . All these people work there butts off.

6. cosis

cosis Member

don't want to * your back up more than it already is... may not be the right job for you

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM
  7. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I have never ever been drug tested at work. I've had accidents while driving. I've been injured multiple times and still have never been drug tested.

I would report the injury. Then I would stop smoking weed because you're becoming a paranoid idiot.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amateur Malthusian

I get tested plenty, have virtually no accidents and don't smoke weed. I get the best of everything .

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Have to have a CDL as a mechanic?

10. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Wake Up!

Let us know what happens. Don’t feel bad, you have to look out for number 1 first. UPS will stay open even if you miss some time. They try to brainwash us, take care of you brother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Without asking a single question, you immediately proffer that advice.

@2033

How would you accurately advise this member ?

Anyone, can shoot from the hip.... with no repercussions.

-Bug-

12. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

13. 2033

2033 Well-Known Member

Sound advice based on the information provided. Do you need me to explain why? Do you understand what fmla is, or how to get time off based on it? Do you understand why we get sick time? I'll leave you to ponder the answers to those questions, feel free to ask if you need further elucidation.

I didn't respond to the other post you brought up because I didn't feel I had anything to add to the conversation, a talent you could stand to develop.

14. 2033

2033 Well-Known Member

Did you think he should go back in to work before being seen by a doctor? My response, in its entirety, was basically the same as yours, but more helpful.

15. BigUnionGuy

Based on the OP's original post ?

You must be psychic.

How did you determine.... he was even eligible for FMLA ?

Please do.

Maybe, you should gain some experience and knowledge about FMLA and the

contract language. What elected positions have you held, with the Teamsters ?

-Bug-

16. Chaos

Chaos I Am The Devil

Double up on the excedrin less pain ulcers likely. But, it’ll get you through. Lots of water. I tore muscles in my arm years ago, never let it heal and feel it everyday.

That’s my stupid stubborn ass.

Go to the ER if you’re hurting, have them check you out, if it’s serious it’s an easy decision. If it’s not revert back to doubling up.

17. 2033

2033 Well-Known Member

Did I say he definitely qualified for FMLA? You must think you're psychic, 'cause I didn't. HR will determine if you qualify, which would have been made clear to him when he made his request.
    You didn't know that? You probably should look into how FMLA works. The important aspect of my point, which you don't seem to understand, was to go see a doctor before going back to work. If OP didn't have sick bank, or didn't qualify for FMLA, that's up to OP to figure out, I was merely laying out possibilities and giving him a starting point while trying to help him prevent further injury. You give just enough information to be dangerous.

When can I expect the depsoit in my pay pal account?

I'm not interested in responding to your illogical and fallacious statements. When you find something actually wrong with what I wrote, not just your own misunderstandings, then feel free to add to the conversation, until then you are just wasting everyone's time.

18. BigUnionGuy

Just another TDU "locker room" lawyer.... dispensing theoretical advice, with no

real world experience. What elected positions have you held in the Union ?

-Bug-

19. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Active Member

Take a bath, and get one of those roller back crackers. I worked out back problems with this method several times in my construction days. And if the pain is too much to do that or you can't relieve any of the pressure then you really need to be on comp and go see a chiropractor.

20. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

I hope you do. We don't need you