Backs shot SOS

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
See doctor - don't mess around with back (cervical/thoracic/lumbar spine).
Doctor determines if pain is:
  • Muscular
  • Neurological (includes structural)
Ask to see Physical Therapist
  • Stretching
  • Exercise including core strengthening
THIS IS THE HARD PART
THIS IS THE REST OF YOUR LIFE PART

Follow the instructions provided by physical therapist for the remainder of your life.​

--
Our bodies will age and we can't stop aging damage.
Our bodies will develop wear and tear.
We can strengthen known weak areas proactively or after pain/injury.

Also, don't sit on wallet when driving.
Check your shoes for wear.
Find a machine for shoe insert recommendations.

And all those Safety Instructions...body movements...MAKE them part of your life, everyday, at home and work.

All those people who claim working safe slows you down, you're wrong.
Develop a habit and do it all the time.

Don't TWIST!
Move your feet. It is called PIVOTING!!!
Suck that gut in and make core strong.

Now,
Stay hydrated, work safe and remember to never trust people on the side of road.
If you can't see cord trailing to ears, they maybe using Bluetooth earbuds.​

Remember, a phone is more important than looking when crossing street.
Kiss that goodbye.
The days of pedestrian looking, left, right, left before stepping into street is history.

The sermon is over...
Best advice on here !!!! Winner

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Long story short my backs :censored2:ed mate. Love the job and environment get along well with everyone don’t wanna lose it . Actually enjoy the workout I get . But yeah I’m not sure how bad but my back is in some solid pain ... can I miss during peak to try and heal ? Workman’s comp is out of play (may or may not engage in the green occasionally) any advice helps don’t wanna have to not work with UPS anymore :/
Please allow me to translate:

I will attempt to be brief. Back pain is causing me discomfort and mental anguish as I enjoy my work and work environment. I surely would hate to lose my employment here but I am in pain.

Could I stay home for the rest of peak in order to heal? This is not a Workmans Comp issue. Any advice is appreciated.

cosis

don't want to * your back up more than it already is... may not be the right job for you

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

Well won’t I just get fired ? If I say I got hurt at work ? And have weed in my system ?

I have never ever been drug tested at work. I've had accidents while driving. I've been injured multiple times and still have never been drug tested.

I would report the injury. Then I would stop smoking weed because you're becoming a paranoid idiot.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Getting through today and seeing a doctor . I just feel bad . All these people work there butts off.
Let us know what happens. Don’t feel bad, you have to look out for number 1 first. UPS will stay open even if you miss some time. They try to brainwash us, take care of you brother.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Use sick time and/or fmla.

Without asking a single question, you immediately proffer that advice.

our supervisor told at the PCM this morning that no matter how many hours you have available you would be working Saturday. He said if you don’t have the DOT hours you would have to preload or be a helper. I’ve been a full time driver going on 15 years and have never heard this. It will be a 6th report for everyone. Is there anything in the contract that can get us out of this. HELP

@2033

How would you accurately advise this member ?

Anyone, can shoot from the hip.... with no repercussions.

-Bug-

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Without asking a single question, you immediately proffer that advice.

@2033

How would you accurately advise this member ?

Anyone, can shoot from the hip.... with no repercussions.

-Bug-

Sound advice based on the information provided. Do you need me to explain why? Do you understand what fmla is, or how to get time off based on it? Do you understand why we get sick time? I'll leave you to ponder the answers to those questions, feel free to ask if you need further elucidation.

I didn't respond to the other post you brought up because I didn't feel I had anything to add to the conversation, a talent you could stand to develop.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sound advice based on the information provided.

Based on the OP's original post ?

You must be psychic.

How did you determine.... he was even eligible for FMLA ?

Do you need me to explain why?

Please do.

Do you understand what fmla is, or how to get time off based on it?

Maybe, you should gain some experience and knowledge about FMLA and the

contract language. What elected positions have you held, with the Teamsters ?

-Bug-

Chaos

I Am The Devil
Double up on the excedrin less pain ulcers likely. But, it’ll get you through. Lots of water. I tore muscles in my arm years ago, never let it heal and feel it everyday.

That’s my stupid stubborn ass.

Go to the ER if you’re hurting, have them check you out, if it’s serious it’s an easy decision. If it’s not revert back to doubling up.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Based on the OP's original post ?

You must be psychic.

How did you determine.... he was even eligible for FMLA ?

Did I say he definitely qualified for FMLA? You must think you're psychic, 'cause I didn't. HR will determine if you qualify, which would have been made clear to him when he made his request.
You didn't know that? You probably should look into how FMLA works. The important aspect of my point, which you don't seem to understand, was to go see a doctor before going back to work. If OP didn't have sick bank, or didn't qualify for FMLA, that's up to OP to figure out, I was merely laying out possibilities and giving him a starting point while trying to help him prevent further injury. You give just enough information to be dangerous.

Please do.

When can I expect the depsoit in my pay pal account?

Maybe, you should gain some experience and knowledge about FMLA and the

contract language. What elected positions have you held, with the Teamsters ?

-Bug-

I'm not interested in responding to your illogical and fallacious statements. When you find something actually wrong with what I wrote, not just your own misunderstandings, then feel free to add to the conversation, until then you are just wasting everyone's time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not interested in responding to your illogical and fallacious statements. When you find something actually wrong with what I wrote, not just your own misunderstandings, then feel free to add to the conversation, until then you are just wasting everyone's time.

Just another TDU "locker room" lawyer.... dispensing theoretical advice, with no

real world experience. What elected positions have you held in the Union ?

-Bug-

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Take a bath, and get one of those roller back crackers. I worked out back problems with this method several times in my construction days. And if the pain is too much to do that or you can't relieve any of the pressure then you really need to be on comp and go see a chiropractor.