Badly bitten by dog while getting signature from owner...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dave, I understand what you are saying but primarily we were discussing bad dogs not things that may change week to week or even day to day. You, as a bid driver, have the luxury of being on your rte every day and know what is going on with it on a daily basis. I, as a utility (in my area that is what I am), may not be on a particular rte for weeks on end. You seem to take very good care of your cover/covers and it benefits you, your cover and your customers. Important notes in the diad, such as bad dogs and gate codes, are a pet peeve of mine. Even special delivery instructions. I dislike having a customer yell at me because the bid driver knows where the customer wants their deliveries and I do not. I would never expect you to give up all your short cuts. If I am on a rte often enough I will develope my own short cuts and over time will also learn where the bad dogs are. It would, however, save me a lot of stress and the possibility of an injury if the notes were in the diad. :peaceful:

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I had a signature required nda, the customer comes out with her two dogs. They weren't barking or aggressive just standing by her side. I flipped the diad over to get get signature, thats when "jake" jumped up and bit me right between the legs. I didn't see him jump because the diad had blocked him out. Ask customer to use bathroom to see what happened and sure enough three teeth marks bleeding across my penis. So I finished my airs and then drove my pc to the hospital where they cleaned it up and gave me a tetnis. Went back to my area and finished the day. The customer didn't believe her dog bit me and no apology. That kinda of made me mad. Now any dog in the yard and I'm not getting out. Just like Rod said beep the horn wait then leave. Turn the pkg in to Qc NI1 with "Dog in yard"

I hope you meant the teeth marks were from the dog.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Maybe we don't have that here. What happens when they put a note for a delivery stop in your DIAD?

When you scan the pkg it'll prompt an alert much like it does for a shipper release. Every ctr can put in notes. It is not part of PAS, it was in the system pre-PAS.

Pkgs that come up no address correct-RTS, it works the same.

jer

Its easy to assume we're all men...but I'm a driver of the female persuasion :) Anyway, thanks for the kind comments and, thank god the pit didn't get you! I know there are many who are loyal to pits but in my book, they can't be trusted.
Oops, my bad.
The way you described the outcome, you're fortunate that it wasn't a male dog.
Yea, I think so.

She kinda backed off when I grabbed a 2x4 outa the dumpster. She went to the back yard and came back a min later with the other 2 dogs, both boxers, one male, one female. They all started barking and trying to corner me. At this point I was pissed and took my hammer out and was willing, but not wanting to, crack some doggy skulls. One of the owners kids came around the corner and called them. She must have heard the barking and growling.

I love dogs, but since then, I'm a little more weary around them.

over9five

Staff member
When you scan the pkg it'll prompt an alert much like it does for a shipper release. Every ctr can put in notes. It is not part of PAS, it was in the system pre-PAS.

Pkgs that come up no address correct-RTS, it works the same.

Yikes, that would be annoying. I think a really simple solution would be to have a way for the user (driver) to be able to toggle the feature on. That way the regular driver wouldn't have to be annoyed by it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yikes, that would be annoying. I think a really simple solution would be to have a way for the user (driver) to be able to toggle the feature on. That way the regular driver wouldn't have to be annoyed by it.
I don't see it that way. How many bad dogs do you have on your rte? A hand full, maybe. How many of those are going to get a delivery on the same day? How many in a week? We get far more shipper releases than this. You deal with those. How is getting a prompt for a gate code or a bad dog going to be that much more annoying? Thanks for the help.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I can see their value but find them distracting.

As a bid driver, what I find far more distracting is to come back after vacation or a day off and have to explain to customers why the normal routine wasnt followed while I was gone.

The more notes the better. It only takes a keystoke for me to get rid of them. I try to keep the notes about gate codes, bad dogs etc. updated in the DIAD as accurately as possible for the benefit of whoever winds up doing my route while I am gone.

Ideally, when I am on vacation, my customers wont even know that I am gone and the person filling in for me will have as few issues as possible.

over9five

Staff member
I don't see it that way. How many bad dogs do you have on your rte? A hand full, maybe. How many of those are going to get a delivery on the same day? How many in a week? We get far more shipper releases than this. You deal with those. How is getting a prompt for a gate code or a bad dog going to be that much more annoying? Thanks for the help.

I think you misunderstood me. I think it is a GREAT feature for a cover driver. It would be sooooooo easy for a UPS computer geek to add something to the DIADs program so the feature would be able to be used by a cover driver, but be able to be turned off by the regular driver.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I think you misunderstood me. I think it is a GREAT feature for a cover driver. It would be sooooooo easy for a UPS computer geek to add something to the DIADs program so the feature would be able to be used by a cover driver, but be able to be turned off by the regular driver.

I know. I didn't misunderstand, I just ignored that point. I was focusing on the "Yikes, that would be annoying." You and Dave both sounded like, 'ya that is a good for the cover drivers but I'm not going to do it because it's to distracting or annoying.'.

It just makes my day a little bit longer but not a big deal, I get paid by the hour and whatever I can't deliver will just be brought back. :peaceful: And pissed off customers will be directed to [-]bitch at[/-] I mean talk to their regular driver.

BrownArmy

It's as annoying as having to hit one extra key for shipper release packages, and undoubtedly you will have less address-specific notes in your DIAD each day than you will have BASIC pkgs...hit an extra key, end of story.

The problem in my center isn't the notes, but the out-of-date notes...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There are 2 different ways to put notes in the diad. 1 CPAD - which I think is the one that prompts the alert. 2 notes can be added that shows up at the bottom of the main screen when the package is scanned in. This one does not prompt an alert.