Ban bombs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree with the others;

OP this is not the time for these premature jokes.

Let's hope none of our customers of UPS ever visit this area of the site with threads like these...

Joking is how some people deal with major events. Just because my way of grieving is to tell jokes I should be punished?

wkmac

In reflection on the Boston marathon events today I think bombs should be banned or at least a waiting list.

Since over 99% of all bombs used are done so by nation states.....................

On the same note, the vast majority of guns were also commissioned, designed, R&D'd, produced for those same nation states............

If a ban is to get to a root cause?

bbsam

Staff member
It probably is inappropriate but I was simply trying to get some of our left-wingers to pee in their panties by "being a sarcastic smartass".
Don Rickles and Andy Kaufmann are two of my favorite entertainers of all time. Long live Andy.

so why do you think you failed to get that reaction? I agree it was in bad taste and even stupid, there is no law against that nor is it a violation of BC TOS.

UPS Lifer

In reflection on the Boston marathon events today I think bombs should be banned or at least a waiting list.

Your photographic skills are only rivaled by your skill with the written word!

Leave it to the ultra left wingers to get their feelings hurt because your sentiments (and mine) strike a cord with their hypocrisy.

bbsam

Staff member
Your photographic skills are only rivaled by your skill with the written word!

Leave it to the ultra left wingers to get their feelings hurt because your sentiments (and mine) strike a cord with their hypocrisy.
I read through the posts. Who are the left wingers who were upset?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
so why do you think you failed to get that reaction? I agree it was in bad taste and even stupid, there is no law against that nor is it a violation of BC TOS.

I did get that reaction - read your own post! :wink2:

Hmmm - you do realize this was posted in Current Events where everything is "in bad taste and even stupid, there is no law against that nor is it a violation of BC TOS."

Geez - you just wake up? Go throw some water on your face dude!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont think Hoax intended his statement to be a joke.

I think his intent was simply to point out an uncomfortable truth....which is that a person with a calculated and premeditated intent to commit mass murder will find a way to carry that plan out regardless of any laws that might be in place banning bombs...or guns...or box-cutters on jet airliners.

Oklahoma City....the 9-11 attacks....the Aum Shinriko nerve gas attacks in Tokyo...and now the Boston Marathon bombing are all examples of death and carnage inflicted by people without guns.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I think his intent was simply to point out an uncomfortable truth....which is that a person with a calculated and premeditated intent to commit mass murder will find a way to carry that plan out regardless of any laws that might be in place banning bombs...or guns...or box-cutters on jet airliners.

Oklahoma City....the 9-11 attacks....the Aum Shinriko nerve gas attacks in Tokyo...and now the Boston Marathon bombing are all examples of death and carnage inflicted by people without guns.

Bingo ... most people got it but a few did not.
It's always nice to know the few that did not ... in this case, it confirmed what I already knew.

UPS Lifer

I can't speak for Hoke, but what you said is the way I took it. What infuriates me (and unfortunately I let it bleed through my postings,) is when the fringe can't support their argument, they go after the character of the person. Going after the character of the person is what I consider "in poor taste". I won't deny that sometimes I use fire to fight fire but I appreciate your level headed comments. Thank You.

bbsam

Staff member
I did get that reaction - read your own post! :wink2:

Hmmm - you do realize this was posted in Current Events where everything is "in bad taste and even stupid, there is no law against that nor is it a violation of BC TOS."

Geez - you just wake up? Go throw some water on your face dude!

I don't get that feeling about Current Events. I thought it was in bad taste because you make light of an ASSUMED argument for gun control. It's a typical "strawman" argument.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't get that feeling about Current Events. I thought it was in bad taste because you make light of an ASSUMED argument for gun control. It's a typical "strawman" argument.

Fair enough.

I am a bit confused how it can be a straw man argument against an assumed argument. :wink2:

I actually would support measures that actually control the possession and usage of guns by criminals or mentally ill people.
I am still awaiting any such proposed measure that would remotely effect such a change.

bbsam

Staff member
I will attempt to help you.

whenever any gun control talk comes up, it inevitably gets the short hand of "banning guns". Even when the aspects are explained, it always goes to the emotional "banning guns" and "2nd Amendment infringement". If that fear isn't enough,then it is the fear of "what comes next".

in this case, "banning bombs" is the ludicrous straw man for the assumed banning of guns argument that isn't being made.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I will attempt to help you.

whenever any gun control talk comes up, it inevitably gets the short hand of "banning guns". Even when the aspects are explained, it always goes to the emotional "banning guns" and "2nd Amendment infringement". If that fear isn't enough,then it is the fear of "what comes next".

in this case, "banning bombs" is the ludicrous straw man for the assumed banning of guns argument that isn't being made.

It was a nice attempt ... bless your heart!