Pope Francis says Catholic Church banning priests from engaging in sex is 'temporary' (On Topic Only)

bacha29

The difference between you and me on FedEx is I've kicked Fred out of the suite in my head. You give him room service.

A lot of blame to go around on the train derailment. But it was a disaster that required a proactive Federal response. The only clarity that the Feds provided was that Mayor Pete isn't qualified to run the D.O.T.
There has been NO public statement from DOT or any other federal or state agency stating for the record that Pete Buttigieg is not qualified to run DOT. So for the record just exactly who is saying that he isn't qualified....you? Perhaps it's MAGA media which has been controlling your thoughts for quite awhile now. The man is a Harvard graduate a Rhoades Scholar and a Navy veteran. You got anything that rivals his level of education?

Oh wait... MAGA'S often claim that their "common sense" makes them an academic equal.

vantexan

There has been NO public statement from DOT or any other federal or state agency stating for the record that Pete Buttigieg is not qualified to run DOT. So for the record just exactly who is saying that he isn't qualified....you? Perhaps it's MAGA media which has been controlling your thoughts for quite awhile now. The man is a Harvard graduate a Rhoades Scholar and a Navy veteran. You got anything that rivals his level of education?

Oh wait... MAGA'S often claim that their "common sense" makes them an academic equal.
Exactly what experience in the transportation industry did he bring to the position? His biggest accomplishments so far appears to be to claim that roads are racist and that there are too many whites in construction. He got the nod because he's gay. Nothing to do with his qualifications and being a Rhodes Scholar, not Rhoades Scholar, doesn't make up for lack of experience.

FromOffTheStreets

The Bible says you are a wicked father compared to him. So let me ask you this… Would you produce a child and put in him a tempting nature and then give him a tempter to follow him around and maybe let that child have a disease or a disability to see if he is worthy of your “ranks” and then if that child falls for the tempter that you created to temp him with then would you punish that child by separating him from you forever because he failed your test? Not me… Just one more reason I believe that God is not like the one the Bible speaks of.
Are you going to gain muscle laying in your recliner? No. You need to place weight on a bar & lift it. Resistance builds.
Look at the ole boys that came through the depression & fought in WW2...how do you think this present generation would do if faced with those obstacles?
Could go on & on about how Resistance builds people up. Without it people become lazy and dependent.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Exactly what experience in the transportation industry did he bring to the position? His biggest accomplishments so far appears to be to claim that roads are racist and that there are too many whites in construction. He got the nod because he's gay. Nothing to do with his qualifications and being a Rhodes Scholar, not Rhoades Scholar, doesn't make up for lack of experience.
He liked trains when he was a kid…..just one of the many clowns in the Biden circus of clowns. Democrats suuuuk!

bacha29

Did you actually read the book "The Power Broker'? Probably not. And the fact that you undertook great effort to point out that Buttigieg is gay and alleged that Buttigieg's sexual orientation is responsible for him be nominated for DOT Secretary is nothing more than MAGA nonsense. This calls into question whether you may or may not be a homophobic. Doesn't your religion say something about loving your fellow man? Let's just say you're laying there on a surgery table and the board certified doctor encumbered with the task with saving your life is openly gay and you know he's gay. Are you going to refuse to allow him to try and save your life?

He was nominated and confirmed by the Senate. So who cares what you think of him?
Better get used to the fact that in the days ahead for America you will see people ascend to positions of power who are not old white male heterosexual Protestants .

vantexan

Did you actually read the book "The Power Broker'? Probably not. And the fact that you undertook great effort to point out that Buttigieg is gay and alleged that Buttigieg's sexual orientation is responsible for him be nominated for DOT Secretary is nothing more than MAGA nonsense. This calls into question whether you may or may not be a homophobic. Doesn't your religion say something about loving your fellow man? Let's just say you're laying there on a surgery table and the board certified doctor encumbered with the task with saving your life is openly gay and you know he's gay. Are you going to refuse to allow him to try and save your life?

He was nominated and confirmed by the Senate. So who cares what you think of him?
Better get used to the fact that in the days ahead for America you will see people ascend to positions of power who are not old white male heterosexual Protestants .
Yah, he was rubber stamped by a Democratic Senate. Of course I brought up he's gay. Everything with Democrats is identity politics.

bacha29

Yah, he was rubber stamped by a Democratic Senate. Of course I brought up he's gay. Everything with Democrats is identity politics.
Democrats are all about identity politics huh? Does that include Peter Thiel. George Santos, Stuart McKinney Dan Zwonitzer, Larry Craig, Tim Murphy, Roy Moore and Dennis Hastert?

vantexan

Democrats are all about identity politics huh? Does that include Peter Thiel. George Santos, Stuart McKinney Dan Zwonitzer, Larry Craig, Tim Murphy, Roy Moore and Dennis Hastert?
Were they appointed to their positions or voted for because they represent a particular category? Look at Kamala Harris. What can you point to that suggests she's ready to step in as president if necessary? She got picked because she's a female minority member. You apparently don't understand identity politics.

UnionStrong

🤣

bacha29

Were they appointed to their positions or voted for because they represent a particular category? Look at Kamala Harris. What can you point to that suggests she's ready to step in as president if necessary? She got picked because she's a female minority member. You apparently don't understand identity politics.
It's about the ongoing change in American demographics. Fifty years ago America was 80% white and Christian. Today that number is down to less than 50%. The GOP stubbornly refuses to comes to terms with that fact. What did woman and minorities not have back then that they have today?....Education, money, birth control and growing political power. How they use that power? I don't know. Only future events can answer that question.

The difference between you and me is that I'm not afraid to let them have a go at it. Why am I not afraid? It's a little thing called...change, The nation is constantly evolving and transforming itself into a nation different from that of the previous generation.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

people-animated-gif.gif
giphy.gif

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

What are Pete Buttigieg's qualifications?: "After earning his Oxford degree, in 2007 Buttigieg became a consultant at the Chicago office of McKinsey & Company, where he worked on energy, retail, economic development, and logistics for three years."

What is the role of secretary of transportation?: "The Office of the Secretary (OST) oversees the formulation of national transportation policy and promotes intermodal transportation."

I don't see the symbiosis.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's about the ongoing change in American demographics. Fifty years ago America was 80% white and Christian. Today that number is down to less than 50%. The GOP stubbornly refuses to comes to terms with that fact. What did woman and minorities not have back then that they have today?....Education, money, birth control and growing political power. How they use that power? I don't know. Only future events can answer that question.

The difference between you and me is that I'm not afraid to let them have a go at it. Why am I not afraid? It's a little thing called...change, The nation is constantly evolving and transforming itself into a nation different from that of the previous generation.
The GOP knows its power base is shrinking and that's why they are so desperate to cling to power any way they can. "He Knows Us" is just the latest attempt to bring young and brown people(s) back to 1952, which is the kind of world Republicans want back so badly. God doesn't exist, much less "know us".

Change is scary for them, and so are people who are "different" as in gay, minority, non-Christian etc. They want their cake and to eat it too. Sorry, but the world is changing, and most don't buy God or want to persecute LGBTQ. Ask almost any 20 year-old about sexuality and/or religion. They don't care. Their phone is more important.

vantexan

I could care less what race, ethnicity, or gender one is as long as they comport themselves professionally and demonstrate competence. The Republican Party has a number of minority men and women as well as white women who would make excellent presidents. Kamala Harris is so out of her league it's scary and the main reason I hope Joe makes it to the end of his term is I and many millions of others are terrified of having her as president.

vantexan

What are Pete Buttigieg's qualifications?: "After earning his Oxford degree, in 2007 Buttigieg became a consultant at the Chicago office of McKinsey & Company, where he worked on energy, retail, economic development, and logistics for three years."

What is the role of secretary of transportation?: "The Office of the Secretary (OST) oversees the formulation of national transportation policy and promotes intermodal transportation."

I don't see the symbiosis.
Who are you to question his qualifications? If he's good enough for the Democratic Party then he'll do just fine as a cabinet secretary. How dare you!

UnionStrong

The GOP knows its power base is shrinking and that's why they are so desperate to cling to power any way they can. "He Knows Us" is just the latest attempt to bring young and brown people(s) back to 1952, which is the kind of world Republicans want back so badly. God doesn't exist, much less "know us".

Change is scary for them, and so are people who are "different" as in gay, minority, non-Christian etc. They want their cake and to eat it too. Sorry, but the world is changing, and most don't buy God or want to persecute LGBTQ. Ask almost any 20 year-old about sexuality and/or religion. They don't care. Their phone is more important.
🤣

bacha29

Ok so let's have a look at Kamala Harris. She has a BA in economics from Howard. A JD from UC Hastings. Served as California AG and a US Senator.

Compare that to the grifter, con artist adulterer and seditionist with zero experience in public service you guys put in the White House in 2016.