banks - housing bubble

island1fox

:happy-very:Wow,

Lets re-write history and reverse facts to fit our beliefs.

FDR---did not start Fannae mai
Jim C.--did not start the CRA
Clinton--did not repeal Glass/Steagle
Dodd--did not get favors from Countrywide to pass insurance legislation
Barney did not get his boyfriend a job at Fannae and claim how sound the loans were sound
Acorn/Obama never sued Citybank in June of 94.
Maxine Waters and the black caucus did not block investigation of Fannae under Bush
Same for Congressman Meeks
Janet Reno never spoke about "Red-Lining"
Sub -Prime loans were never invented

Banks made risky loans only for profit-knowing the government would not back the loans and they would go bankrupt.

Now it all makes sense ---to some!!!:dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just the headlines for now:
  • EXISTING U.S. HOME SALES REVISED DOWN BY 14% FROM 2007-2010
  • EXISTING HOME SALES REVISED DOWN BY 15% IN 2010 TO 4.19 MLN
Thank you NAR for proving what everyone knew: that the US housing market is one big lie. And next: here come the historical GDP revisions.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's see if i understand this whole mortgage thing.

As I recall no bankers putting a gun to my head and telling me that I had to apply for a home loan that I knew I could not qualify for, nor ever have a snowball's chance in hell of repaying. Nor was any paperwork submitted that falsely overstated my income. Nor was I given any monies to vacant my home so that the banks could reclaim it when I defaulted.
But I do recall that the gov't kept changing the rules to encourage the banks to loan out huge amount of money to increase the ratio of home owners and when their house of cards collapsed started to blame the banks as being predators. So now bhos' gang wants the banks to shovel out more money, but only to a very limited select group , to prove that the banks did in fact put guns to their heads.

brown bomber

brown bomber
oh well..........let's see, I struggled to pay-off and pay-down my mortgage.........made plenty of sacrifices......in order to better my family......where's my "reward".....I did things right.....my payoff, is just that I DID THINGS RIGHT

brown bomber

brown bomber
I think most of our parents, did the right thing......they stayed within their means...didn't take on more than they could handle.....realized that money borrowed was money to be repaid.......and they knew what they were signing up for when they took out a loan.......it's simple, you borrow money you gotta pay it back.....if you're an idiot or sucker, SO BE IT

satellitedriver

oh well..........let's see, I struggled to pay-off and pay-down my mortgage.........made plenty of sacrifices......in order to better my family......where's my "reward".....I did things right.....my payoff, is just that I DID THINGS RIGHT
Double dittos back atcha, bro.
It is not a false pride when one can look back on ones life and say those words.
I can only say that I have tried to do things right.
I strive to be a good man, and that is a daily effort

bbsam

Staff member
Let's see if i understand this whole mortgage thing.

As I recall no bankers putting a gun to my head and telling me that I had to apply for a home loan that I knew I could not qualify for, nor ever have a snowball's chance in hell of repaying. Nor was any paperwork submitted that falsely overstated my income. Nor was I given any monies to vacant my home so that the banks could reclaim it when I defaulted.
But I do recall that the gov't kept changing the rules to encourage the banks to loan out huge amount of money to increase the ratio of home owners and when their house of cards collapsed started to blame the banks as being predators. So now bhos' gang wants the banks to shovel out more money, but only to a very limited select group , to prove that the banks did in fact put guns to their heads.
LOL. The banks should have hired you as lead attorney. Could have saved probably $20 billion if only you had been there to present their case. They weren't greedy. In fact, the government put a gun to their heads. In fact, you should file a civil suit for the banks. Emotional distress and all. And get a settlement that makes the bail-outs look like couch change.

bbsam

Staff member
Isn't that reward enough? You sound kind of bitter. Almost like you would prefer living in a neighborhood with 30% homes foreclosed on. Does it make you feel better to "stick it" to them even as it drives your property value down? Just what kind of "reward" were you looking for?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Isn't that reward enough? You sound kind of bitter. Almost like you would prefer living in a neighborhood with 30% homes foreclosed on. Does it make you feel better to "stick it" to them even as it drives your property value down? Just what kind of "reward" were you looking for?
He is being very sarcastic. He's quite the funny character. He is very proud of how he raised his daughters alone without expecting anyone to hand him anything, as he should be. His reward is the fact he did it the right way. He is an amazing person.

bbsam

Staff member
He is being very sarcastic. He's quite the funny character. He is very proud of how he raised his daughters alone without expecting anyone to hand him anything, as he should be. His reward is the fact he did it the right way. He is an amazing person.
My bad.

Brown bomber, my sincerest apologies. And from what I hear, nice job with the family.

That being said, I did need help from the state with a pretty serious drug addiction and without that help, I am not sure I would have the wife and children I have today. Therefore, I thank the state for that help and remain committed to supporting state helping those who have not "done the right thing" because I believe there is still hope.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think most of our parents, did the right thing......they stayed within their means...didn't take on more than they could handle.....realized that money borrowed was money to be repaid.......and they knew what they were signing up for when they took out a loan.......it's simple, you borrow money you gotta pay it back.....if you're an idiot or sucker, SO BE IT
Natural consequences !!! Yes!

moreluck

golden ticket member
cartoon---02-07-12.big.jpg