Bargaining in good faith.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Whatever we all know you're dishonest! You company hack. You never told us last best and super final offer!
View attachment 216339
EB9ABC55-0D52-4276-B9E5-6577E60DC6A4.gif

Mooseknuckle

In the given circumstance I'd agree. I've been here a while and have never seen as many getting hired just before a negotiation. UPS is the biggest contributor to ALEC
I deleted it, but it was basically the same thing that they originally had on the website. It wasn’t ratified and that the company would work with the teamsters to reach a new agreement. Nothing really out of the ordinary
Exactly! not a final offer. So how can you say everybody knew it was?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
In the given circumstance I'd agree. I've been here a while and have never seen as many getting hired just before a negotiation. UPS is the biggest contributor to ALEC

Exactly! not a final offer. So how can you say everybody knew it was?
BECAUSE IT WENT TO A VOTE.

If it was rejected they would have gone back and renegotiated creating a, wait for it....NEW FINAL AGREEMENT.

How can you be so dense?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Even ups said it was rejected. Was ups so dense?

We got screwed. It shouldn't hurt your position to consider that.
You guys got screwed, but it’s not the company’s fault. They presented a contract, the union put it to vote, and the union shoved it down your throats.

UPS said it was rejected based on the vote. They didn’t know the loophole, but they aren’t going to change anything about it, simply because we can’t (and don’t want to)

llamainmypocket

You guys got screwed, but it’s not the company’s fault. They presented a contract, the union put it to vote, and the union shoved it down your throats.

UPS said it was rejected based on the vote. They didn’t know the loophole, but they aren’t going to change anything about it, simply because we can’t (and don’t want to)

Yeah. It's not the companies fault. A lot of blame floating around but it's on ibt leadership.

oldngray

nowhere special

Old loophole. People are stupid both for not voting and not knowing the rules.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Old loophole. People are stupid both for not voting and not knowing the rules.

Agree with this.

And not just finger pointing. It's easy to find. I should have researched it. I didn't.
I made assumptions (incorrectly) based on presuppositions, and things I heard here.

As it turns out, I was wrong.

We all know we can't rely on honest information to be spoon fed to us from above, so we've got to make sure we know the rules before we play the game.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

I don’t hold UPS responsible at all, in fact I doubt they’re too happy about these events. In the end they want a ratified contract that both benefits them as well as the rank and file. Over half of their employees feeling as if they got the shaft doesn’t in anyway benefit them or their business plan. Taylor shook hands with UPS’s negotiating team guaranteeing them a yes vote. His arrogance and lack of respect for the members ability to think for them selves blinded him from the possibility that it would be voted down. Well....in the end he needs pension money and nothing was gonna get in the way of that. Not even the same members that pay dues to an organization that supposedly is there to protect them from entities like him.

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
And some people think that 45% was a good turnout.....

Tyler Binder says it is a win....

You guys have been around a lot longer than most. Do either of you have a general idea what turn out was in contracts prior? I heard 2013 was 39% of the membership so by that metric getting another 6% involved this go around is a win especially when you consider that 6% of the eligible voters is presumably a larger number than it was in 2013.

54% of the work force is part time which makes 50% a tall order in my humble opinion. I think everyone should vote but we did alright, I mean hell we only got 58% in the last us presidential election and that was a record turn out.

oldupsman

I don't think UPS is jumping up and down either. Having a good percentage of your work force angry
going into your busiest time of year is not a good thing.