Bargaining in good faith.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Even ups said it was rejected. Was ups so dense?

We got screwed. It shouldn't hurt your position to consider that.[/QUOTE
View attachment 216347

Looks pretty clear to me

Don't conv
I don't think UPS is jumping up and down either. Having a good percentage of your work force angry
going into your busiest time of year is not a good thing.

I'm going to dispatch drivers to wrong directions... Lol. I'm just kidding:devil3::happy-very:

You guys have been around a lot longer than most. Do either of you have a general idea what turn out was in contracts prior? I heard 2013 was 39% of the membership so by that metric getting another 6% involved this go around is a win especially when you consider that 6% of the eligible voters is presumably a larger number than it was in 2013.

54% of the work force is part time which makes 50% a tall order in my humble opinion. I think everyone should vote but we did alright, I mean hell we only got 58% in the last us presidential election and that was a record turn out.
We need the get it at least to 50%

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
You mean a Tentative agreement was reached with UPS and put to a vote?
ten·ta·tive
ˈten(t)ədiv/
adjective
  1. not certain or fixed; provisional.
    "a tentative conclusion"
Final Offer –under the Labour Relations Act, the Employer can force a vote of the collective agreement to the membership on their “final offer,” however the Employer can only do so once.

Ratification Vote –when the committee feels it has reached an agreement with management that they feel that they can bring it back to the membership, a Special General Membership Meeting (SGMM) is called to discuss and initiate the ratification vote that takes place over two days. If the ratification vote is affirmative the new collective agreement comes into effect. If the members turn down the agreement the bargaining committee goes back to the table. Under the Labour Relations Act, the Employer can force a vote to the membership on their “final offer,” however the Employer can only do so once.

So when did UPS force a vote and call it the final offer.

ten·ta·tive
ˈten(t)ədiv/
adjective
  1. not certain or fixed; provisional.
    "a tentative conclusion"
Final Offer –under the Labour Relations Act, the Employer can force a vote of the collective agreement to the membership on their “final offer,” however the Employer can only do so once.

Ratification Vote –when the committee feels it has reached an agreement with management that they feel that they can bring it back to the membership, a Special General Membership Meeting (SGMM) is called to discuss and initiate the ratification vote that takes place over two days. If the ratification vote is affirmative the new collective agreement comes into effect. If the members turn down the agreement the bargaining committee goes back to the table. Under the Labour Relations Act, the Employer can force a vote to the membership on their “final offer,” however the Employer can only do so once.

So when did UPS force a vote and call it the final offer.
Wait, are you saying it was illegal to go on stike in 97? The company gave their “final offer” and it wasn’t put up to a vote.

Dulce Bombón

Wait, are you saying it was illegal to go on stike in 97? The company gave their “final offer” and it wasn’t put up to a vote.

It was our fault too. Part timers are the enemies. 97, now we didnt vote.
Oops that's me:bag:!

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Maybe UPS gave thier final offer in 97 and didnt exercise thier right to force a vote?
Or maybe this is a new piece of language brought about after 97?

Moneythehardway

BECAUSE IT WENT TO A VOTE.

If it was rejected they would have gone back and renegotiated creating a, wait for it....NEW FINAL AGREEMENT.

How can you be so dense?

It went to vote but us the members weren't educated about the first second or how ever many offers to even be able to turn it dowb because of this "brown out". I mean right is right wrong is wrong

Moneythehardway

Members didnt vote, pure and simple. Whose to blame? not others than us. Lets hope for the better.

Those numbers are so skewed it's not even funny. When you factor the part timers, which is the majority employed at ups by the way, we all see how many come and go, this is seen in real life, screw the numbers we see this all the time in hubs. What does it tell you when ups is throwing out $100's of dollars in weekly bonuses to ptimers just to come? What does that tell you? that they can barely keep any, so you minus that crowd and this would easily be over 50%...its almost criminal what's going on

If we can find out the actual turnover ratio we might be on to a lawsuit as it would show that the voting class/turnout was disadvantaged from the very start. And that is was well known the probability of the outcome based on such information .

Dulce Bombón

Those numbers are so skewed it's not even funny. When you factor the part timers, which is the majority employed at ups by the way, we all see how many come and go, this is seen in real life, screw the numbers we see this all the time in hubs. What does it tell you when ups is throwing out $100's of dollars in weekly bonuses to ptimers just to come? What does that tell you? that they can barely keep any, so you minus that crowd and this would easily be over 50%...its almost criminal what's going on

Where is my bonus. I'm a part timer, too. My bonus here are a T shirt, hot dog, 1 bag of chips, and 1 bottle of water. UPS BASTARDS YOU OWE ME AT LEAST ANOTHER T- SHIRT!!:please:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The company bargained in good faith, it was the union that did what it did, let’s not get this confused

I'm pretty sure the dissatisfaction being expressed is with the union leadership. Now, if it could be proven that bribery was involved on the part of the company, that would change things some.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's funny how you know that but you claim company negotiators didn't know this would happen.

"UPS said it was rejected based on the vote. They didn’t know the loophole, but they aren’t going to change anything about it, simply because we can’t (and don’t want to)"

Your words, not mine.

I'm guessing he became aware of it, much like a lot of people, after the fact.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Maybe UPS gave thier final offer in 97 and didnt exercise thier right to force a vote?
Or maybe this is a new piece of language brought about after 97?

UPS has no such right to force a vote. They have no say, officially, in any of the inner workings of the union. They can refuse to bargain further, and the union can put it to a vote or call a strike, if a strike had been authorized. The union chose to strike in 97 without putting it to a vote.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
UPS has no such right to force a vote. They have no say, officially, in any of the inner workings of the union. They can refuse to bargain further, and the union can put it to a vote or call a strike, if a strike had been authorized. The union chose to strike in 97 without putting it to a vote.
I'm just quoting a piece of language from the Labour Relations Act.