Beards

OKLABob

My center is literally 75% bearded other morning during pcm we were told we can’t sculpt or trim our beards and that we would receive write ups, warning letters and even termination for trimming our beards can anyone shed any light on this? I feel like they have bigger fish to fry like fixing Orion or cleaning our trucks so we can see out if the windshields and back up cameras....

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
My center is literally 75% bearded other morning during pcm we were told we can’t sculpt or trim our beards and that we would receive write ups, warning letters and even termination for trimming our beards can anyone shed any light on this? I feel like they have bigger fish to fry like fixing Orion or cleaning our trucks so we can see out if the windshields and back up cameras....

What justification did they give?

JustDeliverIt

Orion isn't an issue in their eyes. Your well groomed facial hair you have a medical note for is. Let it grow like your in ZZ Top. friend'em

OKLABob

Beards are suppose to be a medical issue. Not a fashion statement.
Medical isn’t the only way to grow a beard my friend. There is a religious accommodation request and they should have no right to say wether or not you can trim your beard. Not everybody requests this just so they can have a beard.

542thruNthru

Medical isn’t the only way to grow a beard my friend. There is a religious accommodation request and they should have no right to say wether or not you can trim your beard. Not everybody requests this just so they can have a beard.

You can trim your beard. You just can't sculpt it.
Go on upsers.com and search for religious accommodations or variance to appearance. They both have different rules but you are allowed to trim.
Screenshot_20190202-174016.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Beards are suppose to be a medical issue. Not a fashion statement.

The medical exemption is about skin irritatition, or worse. If you aren't dragging a sharp strip of steel across your skin daily, the problem is solved. The shaving requirement is an overreach into our personal lives to begin with, this rule about not trimming or sculpting is clearly retaliation against anyone exercising their right to medical or religious exemption.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You can’t sculpt. You absolutely can trim it.

Brownslave688

The medical exemption is about skin irritatition, or worse. If you aren't dragging a sharp strip of steel across your skin daily, the problem is solved. The shaving requirement is an overreach into our personal lives to begin with, this rule about not trimming or sculpting is clearly retaliation against anyone exercising their right to medical or religious exemption.
I’d like to see the argument against guys sculpting it with a beard trimmer. It’s not a razor but can make the beard appear much better.

Brownslave688

If it gets too long, it's a safety hazard.

View attachment 271117
You could still shave some if you wanted to. The issue for me isn’t shaving. I can do that just fine 2-3 days a week. It’s shaving every single day.

If management is gonna throw a bitch fit about 5 o’clock shadows than people are gonna get notes. That doesn’t mean they have to grow their hair until they retire.

Future

Victory Ride
You could still shave some if you wanted to. The issue for me isn’t shaving. I can do that just fine 2-3 days a week. It’s shaving every single day.

If management is gonna throw a bitch fit about 5 o’clock shadows than people are gonna get notes. That doesn’t mean they have to grow their hair until they retire.
Once a week now ....and idgaf!

Future

Victory Ride
As far as cleaning the trucks ..... I do it myself on the clock