Been fired ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pickup

Got fired for drinking beer on the job and now you are looking to be entrusted to go into drinking establishments, often during non-business hours, to clean tap lines surrounded by multitudes of various fermented beverages? :greedy:

Would it be like Homer Simpson getting a job at the duff beer factory?:happy-very: or worse, Barney Gumble.

Mein Klein: if you are drinking beer on this job and you are driving from restaurant to restaurant, can you see yourself failing a breathalizer test administered by a police officer on the side of the road????

Also, my insulin dependent diabetic friend, isn't alcohol consumption a factor in messing up your blood sugar?

klein

Für Meno :)
Would it be like Homer Simpson getting a job at the duff beer factory?:happy-very: or worse, Barney Gumble.

Mein Klein: if you are drinking beer on this job and you are driving from restaurant to restaurant, can you see yourself failing a breathalizer test administered by a police officer on the side of the road????

Also, my insulin dependent diabetic friend, isn't alcohol consumption a factor in messing up your blood sugar?

First of all, this job is stated as early morning (what that really means, I don't know yet, but yes, could be 2 am).
I like my 2 beers after a hard days work, not at 2 am, or 10am for that matter.
As for bloodsugar...
I can have a beer even 2 with meals (since it does lower the sugar level).
It's in the "Dietabites booklet for dummies" which I do have.
Drinking a slurpee, or a regular sodapop, now thats trouble !

Work is work, I don't drink on the job, like many others have posted... how many times have we been offered a cold one ? Same with me... can't do it. Always told customers, when I get home, I'll have one.
And we all deliver to bars and resturants (usually debit machine stuff, or promotional material)... I never , ever thought of staying for a drink.

One, little lousy beer after work, I'm not worried about police.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
the union told us to do, is take lunches, no matter what, come back with misses.
I should have listened
Yup, one of those things, Those that dont listen, have to keep learning the hard way. And those that insist on doing things their way, instead of the way things are supposed to be done, keep crashing into a wall. Wonder why? And how many times into the wall does it take for you to learn?

One, little lousy beer after work, I'm not worried about police.

Yeah, and you weren't worried about UPS either, were you? And that got you where?

Some people refuse to learn. Darwin at his best.

d

klein

[Yeah, and you weren't worried about UPS either, were you? And that got you where?

Some people refuse to learn. Darwin at his best.

Danny, every center is run differently.
I moved up 15 spots in the drivers seniorty list in 15 mths.
That means 15 people quit above me , I would guess another 15 below me (let go or quit).
That's an average of 2 drivers per month.
I don't think they worried much, either.
The next big turn over will start soon (with xmas comming up and winter).

We work in harsch conditions (winter minus 50 with windchill is common, minus 30-35 Without windchill).degrees almost all of jan and feb). Only 4- 5hrs per day sunlight... by 4pm, it's total darkness.

You hot coffee is solid ice in the cupholder of the truck within an hr.
Pens quit writing, they freeze up... always need to carry 5-10 of them.. stick them in the dash heater.
Windshield freezes up, that you sometimes just need to stop and park, let them defrost.
Then, the huge snowfall... yes, getting stuck in it is normal. Try to shovel yourself out, when it's blowing snow and minus 40-50 with windchill. Or wait for a towtruck.

I am currently looking for a new job. I even seen a pizza place pays more money then UPS, just delivering pizzas.
$15.00 hr, vehicle and gas supplied by employer... and then probably $10.00/hr tips on top of that.

Medical benifits don't really mean that much in Canada. Bluecross option is always one, that pays for medication.

klein

step 1. we admitted that we were powerless over alcohol, that our lives had become unmanageable.

Send that one to Washington, to the beer summit.
Obama getting paid from all of you for drinking beer.
Citizens of Cambridge paying for the cop to have a beer.

klein

Ofcourse I was fired permantly. I'm over it now. Life goes on after brown. Might be more of a social life now, too, finally.

klein

Then why are you still posting on the browm cafe?

In all defence, I did not know BC is only for currently employed workers at UPS.
Maybe , you should ask fedex members to leave first? (sorry fedex, love you guys, too, just proving a point here).

I'm still in contact with my fellow browners at my center (per phone, email, or facebook).
A job I have done, and recognize.

Probably because I'm a bit bored... but BC is fun and neat.
Keep up the great job, moderators, people, browners, website desigers, etc.

It's a great social website !

Ofcourse I was fired permantly. I'm over it now. Life goes on after brown. Might be more of a social life now, too, finally.

i know what you mean...i have no social life bcause of ups...im quiting for sure next year...im tired of it already...dont know how some of you guys do it more than +5 years

over9five

Staff member
In all defence, I did not know BC is only for currently employed workers at UPS.
Maybe , you should ask fedex members to leave first? (sorry fedex, love you guys, too, just proving a point here).

I'm still in contact with my fellow browners at my center (per phone, email, or facebook).
A job I have done, and recognize.

Probably because I'm a bit bored... but BC is fun and neat.
Keep up the great job, moderators, people, browners, website desigers, etc.

It's a great social website !

You are correct. Stick around, Klein!

klein

You are correct. Stick around, Klein!

Thanks o95 ! Probably the best comment I heard from anyone sofar.
But, I am starting to really like this site. Some boards aren't discussionboards, but argumentboards.
But, thats freedom of speech. Makes it more interessting, too.

i know what you mean...i have no social life bcause of ups...im quiting for sure next year...im tired of it already...dont know how some of you guys do it more than +5 years

Well, either you get used to it, that Mo-fr is UPS time only. Or you move on.
For single people, it's really hard. Since you can't meet anyone or take part of any get together during the week.

I'm seeking more of 9-5 job now, too.
or 7-4pm 6 to 2pm would even be nice.

See, what comes up.

I have been preloading for 3 years now and I requested that I be moved to the back because I want to be at another job at a certain time. I want to potentially get some r days off and get out early. I work in sunrise early morning. They told me that they can't move me because I don't have seniority over other guys. I think it's because they don't want to lose a really good worker. What can I do about this?

klein

I have been preloading for 3 years now and I requested that I be moved to the back because I want to be at another job at a certain time. I want to potentially get some r days off and get out early. I work in sunrise early morning. They told me that they can't move me because I don't have seniority over other guys. I think it's because they don't want to lose a really good worker. What can I do about this?

I think your too sexy to get moved..LOL
ok, fun set aside.

Yes, most jobs go by senority. Check the list, it's posted on the union billboard.
If someone with lower seniority has a better shift, that you want... talk to your shopsteward.
He should be able to get you moved, if you have more senority over others.

Thanks o95 ! Probably the best comment I heard from anyone sofar.
But, I am starting to really like this site. Some boards aren't discussionboards, but argumentboards.
But, thats freedom of speech. Makes it more interessting, too.

Well, either you get used to it, that Mo-fr is UPS time only. Or you move on.
For single people, it's really hard. Since you can't meet anyone or take part of any get together during the week.

I'm seeking more of 9-5 job now, too.
or 7-4pm 6 to 2pm would even be nice.

See, what comes up.

Was your blood alcohol level over .08? Well I guess it doesn't matter if it say no drinking at all in the contract.

I think your too sexy to get moved..LOL
ok, fun set aside.

Yes, most jobs go by senority. Check the list, it's posted on the union billboard.
If someone with lower seniority has a better shift, that you want... talk to your shopsteward.
He should be able to get you moved, if you have more senority over others.

I hope you are not referring to me, cuz I'm a guy, but you're prolly referring to my picture. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.