Been fired ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got what you deserved. You want to drink while you are driving a commercial vehicle and representing UPS. Are you serious?? I can not believe you would even think you have any argument to present at all. That has to be one of the most ignorant most uneducated decisions I have ever heard of. Drinking while on the clock and driving a package car IS THE REASON why you got fired. It has NOTHING to do with cutting routes or any thing of that nature at all; stop making excuses for your ignorant mistake and move on. I am really baffled at your ignorance...

klein

Für Meno :)
You got what you deserved. You want to drink while you are driving a commercial vehicle and representing UPS. Are you serious?? I can not believe you would even think you have any argument to present at all. That has to be one of the most ignorant most uneducated decisions I have ever heard of. Drinking while on the clock and driving a package car IS THE REASON why you got fired. It has NOTHING to do with cutting routes or any thing of that nature at all; stop making excuses for your ignorant mistake and move on. I am really baffled at your ignorance...

I didn't drive a package car or was on any route. It was after work, without package car.
That was parked, unloaded, and put away ! I would never take a commercial or UPS truck to a drinking establishment ! Unless for a delivery, but thats it. !

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Typical Supe, jumping to conclusions without the full story.

jlstec87

I know this thread has been dead for a while...but just to let yall know he posted this over on Facebook, too. Didn't get any pity there either!!!

Eclipz

Well I don't feel like rubbing in someone's mistake if he understands his or her errors. I would never approve drinking and driving under any circumstances but I guess klein has learned that lesson the hard way so cut the guy some slack.

I know some drivers go to coffeeshops to get some weed while still being on the clock. Not sure if they smoke while driving but regardless of that: it gives our company a bad name to anyone who sees so even if your not breaking any laws (having beer or weed on you isn't prohibited here) I wouldn't like to be linked to that while wearing brown.

With the hot temperatures these days I'd be tempted to have a cold one sometimes though. Hope it was a good beer klein! :happy2:

klein

Für Meno :)
Well I don't feel like rubbing in someone's mistake if he understands his or her errors. I would never approve drinking and driving under any circumstances but I guess klein has learned that lesson the hard way so cut the guy some slack.

I know some drivers go to coffeeshops to get some weed while still being on the clock. Not sure if they smoke while driving but regardless of that: it gives our company a bad name to anyone who sees so even if your not breaking any laws (having beer or weed on you isn't prohibited here) I wouldn't like to be linked to that while wearing brown.

With the hot temperatures these days I'd be tempted to have a cold one sometimes though. Hope it was a good beer klein! :happy2:

Guta abend, or how you call it in Holland (nederlande).

Well, I actually didn't drink and drive. I had the beer after work, after my UPS truck was already in the depot.
Just had to finish my lunch at the very end.
No big deal.
Normally, I wouldn't even apply to this thread, but I like dutch people. Went to dutch-canadian clubs here. Awesome nice folks.
Anyways, I'm considering going back to Germany for Oktoberfest next month.
Got to see old Europe again, I think.

Thanks for backing me up.
And yes, the beer was good, and ice cold !:smart:

over9five

Staff member
I've never gotten the impression that Klein was asking for pity.

You gotta respect how he accepted it and moved on.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
And his tale has served as an excellent illustration of why your lunch and breaks need to be taken on area, at the appropriate time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And his tale has served as an excellent illustration of why your lunch and breaks need to be taken on area, at the appropriate time.

Hondo, generalizations are simply that and do not necessarily apply in all situations. I take my lunch and breaks at home (on area), with a fridge full of ice cold Coors Light, and the same number remain in the fridge after I go back to work. His tale reflects a woeful lack of self discipline.

Eclipz

Guta abend, or how you call it in Holland (nederlande).

Well, I actually didn't drink and drive. I had the beer after work, after my UPS truck was already in the depot.
Just had to finish my lunch at the very end.
No big deal.
Normally, I wouldn't even apply to this thread, but I like dutch people. Went to dutch-canadian clubs here. Awesome nice folks.
Anyways, I'm considering going back to Germany for Oktoberfest next month.
Got to see old Europe again, I think.

Thanks for backing me up.
And yes, the beer was good, and ice cold !:smart:

Guten abend is german but I'm from that tiny country next to it. "Goedenavond" would be the correct translation for good evening. We can be nice people but personally I think our Belgian neighbors are even nicer. I've never been to an Oktoberfest but I know it starts on 19 september so you have some time to save money for it. If you come to the Netherlands be sure to visit Amsterdam! :wink2:

RobRoy

UPS still and will always have a No tolerance policy with booze. About 10 years ago a driver brought in some homemade wine as a gift for the Center Manager. The driver asked the Mgr to taste it and he poured out about one tenth of one ounce and tasted it. One of the sups who had it in for the center manager went upstairs and reported. The center manager was asked simply, "Did you?". The center manager was walked out that afternoon by what we used to call "Loss Prevention" and now "Security". This happened at the Meadowlands Hub in Seacaus, NJ.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I made a really stupid mistake and drank a beer in the ups office. It took a year, a lot of fighting, lots of letter writing and a hell of a lot of luck but I got my Job back.
I bet you could win the arbitration if you fought hard enough.

P

pickup

I made a really stupid mistake and drank a beer in the ups office. It took a year, a lot of fighting, lots of letter writing and a hell of a lot of luck but I got my Job back.
I bet you could win the arbitration if you fought hard enough.

UK guy , glad you are doing well in merry old England. What happened to the computer repair business you were planning? Also, just curious, I don't remember this beer story in you previous posts. Surely this would have been relevant when you told us your tale of woe.

UPS_Guy

Package Car Driver
NO DRINKING ALCOHOL ON UPS PROPERTY PERIOD! THAT INCLUDES THE PARKING LOT! And if i even havent punched out yet, why would ANYONE think of drinking while still on the clock!? Lunch or break you still have the DIAD!? Dude, good luck to you! Hope this was a well learned lesson.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NO DRINKING ALCOHOL ON UPS PROPERTY PERIOD! THAT INCLUDES THE PARKING LOT! And if i even havent punched out yet, why would ANYONE think of drinking while still on the clock!? Lunch or break you still have the DIAD!? Dude, good luck to you! Hope this was a well learned lesson.

I saw a homeless man on the way home from work this evening--did you want to swing by and kick him too?

You are new here and do not know the history behind UK Guy; heck, I have been here for just about 2 years and don't know all of the history behind UK Guy. There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye so please refrain from soapboxing him unless you take the time to learn his history.

ups1990

I saw a homeless man on the way home from work this evening--did you want to swing by and kick him too?

You are new here and do not know the history behind UK Guy; heck, I have been here for just about 2 years and don't know all of the history behind UK Guy. There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye so please refrain from soapboxing him unless you take the time to learn his history.
Upstate, keep in mind your talking to a Raider fan. They tend to kick folks while they're down. The Raider Nation has of late, turned into a Third World Nation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate, keep in mind your talking to a Raider fan. They tend to kick folks while they're down. The Raider Nation has of late, turned into a Third World Nation.

Has Richard Seymour reported yet? I can't imagine going from the Patriots to the Raiders. PTI described it as going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

UPS_Guy

Package Car Driver
LMAO! Dont need to be here for more than a day to see whats going on! Im glad you and your boyfriend have spent the time getting to know each other! Hope it works out for you two! I dont want or care to know his history! So, if you feel like you need to defend your honey, by all means, please do so... And please dont think you know more just because you've been on the "Cafe" longer. Thats just being stupid!
And as for the comment about the Raiders... Uh, yea sure! Whatever! It's a football team! Did you think I would be offended? As I would tell an angry customer who just wants to be an ass! "Have a nice day"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.