Been having a supervisor problem lately

possibleparrot381

I have four and for some reason one of them just absolutely hates me. I'm a package handler and I do try my best everyday but apparently that's not good enough and my supervisor tells me I should quit. I talked to my Union steward again for the second time the problem was handled for about a week and then just decides to be an a****** again. He said we can either go into the office and find out what his problem is and maybe "understand" each other or just ignore everything he says because production and performance is not recognized by the Union. Just don't hit anybody or steal lol

I know I really shouldn't give a smile* what my supervisors think of me because my coworkers sure don't but that's hard. Is this just ups or did I get unlucky?

Last edited:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Article 37 also states that, “The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee” and that UPS will give “due consideration to the age and physical condition of the employee.”

possibleparrot381

File a grievance for harrassment.
Contract also states "employer shall treat employees with dignity and respect"
I didn't feel right about going around my steward but I'm waiting for a call back from my local teamsters. He said filing for harassment won't work which of course my ignorant ass believed him. Said that involves lawyers. I'm not sueing anybody I just want it to stop I don't think it's that complicated. I did file a case with ups ethics though because clearly talking to his boss didn't work.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We gossip about aggresive sups so badly here it's almost humorous to be around them.

Filing yourself is a good skill to have, Stewards and your BA are incentivized to build cases that can win easily (it's easier to build cooperation this way) but even a failed grievance still has an impact like shining a bright light on it.

It's work like this that led to my first awful sup getting moved.

Last edited:

Last One In

Just slightly off topic but following up on the last post: my BA constantly complains when I file a grievance where I am not asking for money. I always tell him it is a matter of principle.

I would continue to file harassment grievances especially when he is telling you to quit. Completely unacceptable. Perhaps if enough grievances are filed management will get tired of it and move the supervisor.

possibleparrot381

File buddy. When he cries about production tell him “show me how it’s done then boss”
I should have done that already I am today. Makes me not even want to go in but I know that's what he wants. My steward doesn't want to "cause any trouble" should have never listened to that nonsense

ski or die

Ski or Die
I should have done that already I am today. Makes me not even want to go in but I know that's what he wants. My steward doesn't want to "cause any trouble" should have never listened to that nonsense
Sounds like when I was elected steward and management brought me into the office and explained if I work with them, they would make it easy for me, but if I caused problems, it would be very difficult to work there. It looks like we know which road your steward took. I think my road was quite a bit bumpier than his.

possibleparrot381

Sounds like when I was elected steward and management brought me into the office and explained if I work with them, they would make it easy for me, but if I caused problems, it would be very difficult to work there. It looks like we know which road your steward took. I think my road was quite a bit bumpier than his.
I like the guy but talking to my other steward-who I didn't know I had-makes me not want to talk to him again. This one said I should have filed immediately it's not going to get better unless you do with management.