being sent to another hub...

opey

So my main question is, is there any type of compensation to be had for being sent to work literally every day, out of another building/hub? Been being sent to one that is more than twice as far from home as my home center, it was cool at first because I wasnt getting many days as a new driver, but now its going on 2 months and its getting old commuting an hour each way every day (as opposed to 20 minutes).

Overpaid Union Thug

So my main question is, is there any type of compensation to be had for being sent to work literally every day, out of another building/hub? Been being sent to one that is more than twice as far from home as my home center, it was cool at first because I wasnt getting many days as a new driver, but now its going on 2 months and its getting old commuting an hour each way every day (as opposed to 20 minutes).
Nope. Unless your supplement states otherwise.

opey

it doesnt matter how far u guys in the middle of nowhere commute... my point is the job location i was hired at is a 20 minute commute and now its being made more than double, if not triple. not what i signed up for..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Quit complaining.....i know a driver whose been commuting over 65 miles each way for over 30 years. Money talks.

opey

Do you want to drive? That's apparently your only option right now. Yes it sucks but it's better than no paycheck.
right, and that's why i've been doing it without saying anything. ive had another driver who was sent to help at the same location say he drives back to his home center to get punched out. i was really just wondering if there was anything in the contract related to this that I missed.

right, and that's why i've been doing it without saying anything. ive had another driver who was sent to help at the same location say he drives back to his home center to get punched out. i was really just wondering if there was anything in the contract related to this that I missed.
Every local supplement is different. No way I can give you an answer. Just call the union hall and ask to talk to the BA

Gear

Parts on Order
As mechanics, we sometimes go to other centers to help or fill in, if some one is off. We punch in at our home center, drive to the other center, do what we have to do, then drive back to our center to punch out. Everything is done on the clock and we use a package car as our transportation.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As mechanics, we sometimes go to other centers to help or fill in, if some one is off. We punch in at our home center, drive to the other center, do what we have to do, then drive back to our center to punch out. Everything is done on the clock and we use a package car as our transportation.
Yep I'd be off roading with that bitch all the way to the other center!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
it doesnt matter how far u guys in the middle of nowhere commute... my point is the job location i was hired at is a 20 minute commute and now its being made more than double, if not triple. not what i signed up for..
Wah. It beats unemployment.

Why would you ask people on the internet about a local supplement question over say, your steward or B.A.? I would think they'd be able to answer your questions.