being sent to another hub...

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So my main question is, is there any type of compensation to be had for being sent to work literally every day, out of another building/hub? Been being sent to one that is more than twice as far from home as my home center, it was cool at first because I wasnt getting many days as a new driver, but now its going on 2 months and its getting old commuting an hour each way every day (as opposed to 20 minutes).
in feeder if that happened I would punch in at my home hub and then go on paid travel to the other hub and work. then paid travel at the end of shift back to home hub and then punch out there.

big paycheck.

ha, just saw gears post. exactly right.

opey

To the OP...Are there any people driving from your original home center with less seniority than you.
no.. well only trainees... but one is being sent there also, and the other is still doing his training route so cant do a different route yet, but he also has seniority from inside. otherwise im the low man right now.

i dont have a huge problem with it and yes it beats not working, i was just wondering if there was some sort of compensation for the extra travel time/distance.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
no.. well only trainees... but one is being sent there also, and the other is still doing his training route so cant do a different route yet, but he also has seniority from inside. otherwise im the low man right now.

i dont have a huge problem with it and yes it beats not working, i was just wondering if there was some sort of compensation for the extra travel time/distance.
Are you being sent from your home center, or being called and told to go there ahead of time? You should be paid from when you report to work. If it's the latter then tough :censored2:.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
no im not reporting to my home center first. they tell me in the morning where to go
Well at least you're working I guess.

You might talk to your steward and see if they can at least give you more notice. Technically you're supposed to know your start time 24 hours in advance, depending on your supplement. I'd say your start location should fall under that too, but who knows until you press the issue.

I bet there's a part timer at the other center who wishes he could be a driver and probably wouldn't be happy to know you're coming over there.....

bumped

Talk to your steward. You shouldn't be going to another center to work while someone with no seniority it driving out of your center.

ManInBrown

So my main question is, is there any type of compensation to be had for being sent to work literally every day, out of another building/hub? Been being sent to one that is more than twice as far from home as my home center, it was cool at first because I wasnt getting many days as a new driver, but now its going on 2 months and its getting old commuting an hour each way every day (as opposed to 20 minutes).
When I was a new driver I was sent to a different center a few times. You should be paid for travel time. Are you going to your home center and driving a package car to the other one? Either way you should be paid from the time you leave your house till the time you get home. I'm pretty sure I was paid for travel time. I know a few times I went directly from home and a few times I drove to my center and drove a 5 cube there. I was definitely paid driving there when I drove the 5 cube. I can't remember when I drove my personal vehicle

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

tumblr_npconbbADe1ur4pl4o1_500.gif