Being swung all over the place

KOG72

I’m full of it
I had a inside helper for one day this peak and he told me “this is the easiest route I’ve ever helped with”. ......I told him to keep that to himself.....lol
I hear guys all the time talk about how hard there routes are,which I know is a lie.I just don’t plan on moving anytime soon.

clean hairy

I feel like I learned to many routes at my current center and I'm not being treated fairly. In my first year of being a FT UPS cover driver I was sent home ALOT and it really annoyed me to the core. So in response to that problem I learned as much routes that I could and gained alot of area knowledge in the process which in turn became very valuable to me. The problem is that I think management knows this and in return I'm all over the place all the time and it seems like they rely on me to do these multitude of different routes different days of the week all year which I have no problem to be honest. The problem is that I noticed that there are like 6 to 7 dudes under me in seniority and everyday I notice on the schedule that these drivers do the same 2 or maybe 4 routes. This one driver I know been on the same one for like 7 months. What I want to know is did I do something wrong in trying to be too resourceful and dependable, or am I just a sucker for management to use on whatever day they please? I would love to do the same route or two everyday like those others underneath me in seniority . What do you think browncafers?
SHEESH!
You complain about not getting to work, and now you complain because you DO get to work!
What is your ideal scenario?
Only working the days and routes you feel like working?

5Cube4Life

I feel like I learned to many routes at my current center and I'm not being treated fairly. In my first year of being a FT UPS cover driver I was sent home ALOT and it really annoyed me to the core. So in response to that problem I learned as much routes that I could and gained alot of area knowledge in the process which in turn became very valuable to me. The problem is that I think management knows this and in return I'm all over the place all the time and it seems like they rely on me to do these multitude of different routes different days of the week all year which I have no problem to be honest. The problem is that I noticed that there are like 6 to 7 dudes under me in seniority and everyday I notice on the schedule that these drivers do the same 2 or maybe 4 routes. This one driver I know been on the same one for like 7 months. What I want to know is did I do something wrong in trying to be too resourceful and dependable, or am I just a sucker for management to use on whatever day they please? I would love to do the same route or two everyday like those others underneath me in seniority . What do you think browncafers?
My center seems to be the same way. They don't seem to put drivers out blind much and some even ride with a sup the first time learning a new route. I myself haven't been sent out "blind" in maybe a year. I do get moved around a bit, but it is all routes I have learned.

FromOffTheStreets

You find out after it's too late that it is better to be a slower/ dumber driver the second you meet qualification. You will only have to run a handful of routes & you wont get blown out with stops. A faster/ smarter driver ends up learning every route in the center with elevated stop counts.
In the end the "dumb" guy turns out smart & the "smart" guy turns out dumb. You don't get extra pay for being better, just more work.

FromOffTheStreets

What would be great is if they could create "pure" 9 hr routes & you get paid 9 no matter what time you get done.
I was thinking that's how the post office operated but I'm probably wrong about that.
The problem is our time #'s are really screwed up sometimes

KoennenTiger

Only 9 guys ahead of me and those guys all have routes they like so I should be golden.

They rebid in your center? Nobody can take my route here it's mine, period.

Another guy here covered my route after the last guy retired before bidding into a rural route. He's told me a few times that sometimes he wished he would have taken my route when it came up (commercial route) just cause he gets lonely having nobody to chat with.

I got plenty of time before I can bid into a retirement route

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
They rebid in your center? Nobody can take my route here it's mine, period.

Another guy here covered my route after the last guy retired before bidding into a rural route. He's told me a few times that sometimes he wished he would have taken my route when it came up (commercial route) just cause he gets lonely having nobody to chat with.

I got plenty of time before I can bid into a retirement route
We rebid ours every 2 years

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I hear ya but this is more than scrubbing toilets its a career. I have no college education and this pays the bills. What career or whatever pays you this amount of bread with no college education or training in a specific trade like plumbing or electrical? This career choice is a gift and a curse at times.
Then quit whining. Ask @UpstateNYUPSer because he could help your attitude get adjusted.