Being told not to do the job I was asked to do

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Am I the only one who writes please and thank you on the DVIR slips?

Believe it or not that makes a difference, at least with me it does. I don’t get to see a lot of the drivers because of my start time but I try to take care of the polite ones and the ones that make my job easier.

Sometimes even get them a new PC, it’s not my call where the new ones go but I get along with all the car wash guys so sometimes I ask them to hook up one of my favorite drivers when I get a new one in my fleet.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Feeder drivers have a knack for showing up a half hour before my shift ends with a problem when I have 40 minutes worth of work left to do on a package car that has to be off the red tag list tonight...

According to my district manager I am supposed to fix the center delay (that would be you) and then somehow go back in time and finish my package car he needs off the list and I am not allowed to go into OT.

Drivers don’t seem to get this. We are not allowed to just go into OT like you guys are, we don’t just sit around waiting for something to break, if we need emergency OT we are supposed to make a bunch of phone calls to angry sups at 4 am and have to jump through hoops and listen to people that don’t know how to do our job tell us how we are doing it wrong and that is the only reason We need the OT

That’s why we hate seeing a feeder driver show up
That’s fine, I get that. You guys are under a lot pressure but that doesn’t give you the right to be a condescending ass to me every single time I need something fixed.

I don’t know when you clock out and I certainly didn’t plan on the trailer not being road worthy but I can’t take it on the road like that and loads are time sensitive. You’re not the only one under pressure.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you guys knew how much they expect of us in a 40 hour week you would understand how getting several write ups in all caps Needs fan would piss us off.

We have fleets we are expected to manage, those of us with a package fleet will have 30-45 or so package cars that we are responsible for, it can be quite a bit of work depending on where you are on PMs and such, so we have to prioritize where we spend our time... first priority with writeups is safety and road call items, I am sorry but the only fan that is a Fed item is the defrost.

I do believe that fans would be a good thing, especially for those of you in hot climates, but the company is not going to provide us any extra time to install these, so it may take a long time until the mechanics get to it.

lol

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The time to write up trucks is at the end of your shift. If your writing up non safety items before start time your just asking to be yelled at.

PT Car Washer

If you guys knew how much they expect of us in a 40 hour week you would understand how getting several write ups in all caps Needs fan would piss us off.

We have fleets we are expected to manage, those of us with a package fleet will have 30-45 or so package cars that we are responsible for, it can be quite a bit of work depending on where you are on PMs and such, so we have to prioritize where we spend our time... first priority with writeups is safety and road call items, I am sorry but the only fan that is a Fed item is the defrost.

I do believe that fans would be a good thing, especially for those of you in hot climates, but the company is not going to provide us any extra time to install these, so it may take a long time until the mechanics get to it.
I always thought the mechanics first priority was coffee. Followed by break.

tadpole

Just write them up “need fan please” one at a time. And only if you know the driver wants the fan. The mechanics will get to them when they can.