Being told not to do the job I was asked to do

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Honestly sounds like your management just Doesn’t want to spend money on fans. I’d file if you don’t get some

I did right before peak of 2019. So it went before the safety committee meeting and a hearing. I asked how long should it take to get fans ordered and installed? He said that week, we are a friend’n shipping company.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
You would have better luck with the trailer guys... they don’t have fleets and work off of a red tag list and a pm list provided by management... didn’t get to it then it’s the next guys problem. When you have a fleet it’s why didn’t YOU get to it.

It’s not like PE, we don’t have a central dispatch.. my trucks my problem.

If it’s one mechanic I highly doubt he stands around and talks all the time, these trucks are terrible, If he didn’t do anything his road calls would be a mess and they would be all over him.

Im in a small warehouse with two mechanics. I agree with you, again these are rumors I over hear amongst just down right miserable people. My whole thing is that we’re almost to summer(in florida) and they still haven’t been installed.

Some people like them some don’t, but its all we got. Besides its in the handbook so its everyones right to have it installed. Im in a new truck everyday it
makes a huge difference when you have something help circulate the heat..

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
A fan is a life saver. They should be standard equipment. In Mn. they served 2 purposes. A defroster in the winter and a breeze in the summer.
465A6A4C-D1DD-46E5-AD9B-398A24E030B7.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Just write them up “need fan please” one at a time. And only if you know the driver wants the fan. The mechanics will get to them when they can.

If that driver doesn’t want it then dont turn it on. Its going on almost a year and the trucks some of my coworkers and I wrote up never were acknowledged or repaired. Was it because We didn’t say pretty please on the dvir or offer a bj out back?

so wheres the respect or being courteous when another driver gets put in to a package car without a fan? Just because the driver that was driving it that day or that week says, eh, I dont want a fan. Those dvirs are not to demand anyone to do what their job entails. When its done I will thank you to your face for doing your job, because it helps people not hinder.

I wonder if the people driving those trucks that day wrote them up the same day. Would there still be this much upset?

Dr.Brownz

If you guys knew how much they expect of us in a 40 hour week you would understand how getting several write ups in all caps Needs fan would piss us off.

We have fleets we are expected to manage, those of us with a package fleet will have 30-45 or so package cars that we are responsible for, it can be quite a bit of work depending on where you are on PMs and such, so we have to prioritize where we spend our time... first priority with writeups is safety and road call items, I am sorry but the only fan that is a Fed item is

I do believe that fans would be a good thing, especially for those of you in hot climates, but the company is not going to provide us any extra time to install these, so it may take a long time until the mechanics get to it.

OH NO PIECES OF PAPER WITH WRITING ON THEM AND 40 WHOLE HOURS! Do them when you have time or just work overtime and make UPS pay you. Not writing up the fan doesn't mean it doesn't need the defrost.one. Would it help you special snowflake if he only wrote up two a week for the next year? What is the difference!?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
OH NO PIECES OF PAPER WITH WRITING ON THEM AND 40 WHOLE HOURS! Do them when you have time or just work overtime and make UPS pay you. Not writing up the fan doesn't mean it doesn't need the defrost.one. Would it help you special snowflake if he only wrote up two a week for the next year? What is the difference!?

as much as I see your point because if my coworkers wrote them all up on the same day what would be the difference? After all we are expected to document issues with package cars. This redtag feller isnt the snowflake you speak of. He took the time to pass on another side to this story.
Go easy man

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
If that driver doesn’t want it then dont turn it on. Its going on almost a year and the trucks some of my coworkers and I wrote up never were acknowledged or repaired. Was it because We didn’t say pretty please on the dvir or offer a bj out back?

so wheres the respect or being courteous when another driver gets put in to a package car without a fan? Just because the driver that was driving it that day or that week says, eh, I dont want a fan. Those dvirs are not to demand anyone to do what their job entails. When its done I will thank you to your face for doing your job, because it helps people not hinder.

I wonder if the people driving those trucks that day wrote them up the same day. Would there still be this much upset?

What I was saying is the reason the mechanic got mad is the way you wrote them and it’s one guy writing up multiple trucks. I would have been pissed off myself.

time spent installing fans is time not spent getting a truck off redtag or a pm done, as far as automotive is concerned it’s not a safety or road call item and it’s probably not going to be addressed quickly unless you grieve it. You need to get your center manager to make it a priority to the sup. Or better yet fleet manager, because I know I am not going to install fans in trucks while I have red tags, safety writeups and pms that need to be done and then listen to the sup. bitch about why I spent time on fans

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Im in a small warehouse with two mechanics. I agree with you, again these are rumors I over hear amongst just down right miserable people. My whole thing is that we’re almost to summer(in florida) and they still haven’t been installed.

Some people like them some don’t, but its all we got. Besides its in the handbook so its everyones right to have it installed. Im in a new truck everyday it
makes a huge difference when you have something help circulate the heat..
What hub/center in Florida?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

did you read anything I wrote? I said the mechanic will do them when he has time, or when it’s made a priority by management. I am trying to help the guy by telling him how things work in automotive.. our management is concerned with their numbers not your comfort.

Right or wrong he pissed the guy off writing these up continuously, you would be pissed too if you had to go find each truck make sure the factory blower fan works and sign the books off, probably multiple times from the sound of it.

The defrost fan the truck came equipped with is a FED item and the truck is not supposed to be on the road without it, a comfort fan is not a required item, as far as UPS is concerned get your ass in the truck and go... if you don’t like it and it says in your contract you can request one then file a grievance and eventually they will tell the mechanic to make sure these get installed.

they don’t just let us work overtime we only have OT when management tells us ahead of time and they look over the repairs done with a microscope on OT.. installing fans on OT would get it pulled for the whole district, lol What is OT anyway we have not had OT since mid December in my district.

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
The defrost fan the truck came equipped with is a FED item and the truck is not supposed to be on the road without it, a comfort fan is not a required item, as far as UPS is concerned get your ass in the truck and go... if you don’t like it and it says in your contract you can request one file a grievance and eventually they will tell the mechanic to make sure these get installed.
I love when drivers go berzerk cuz their rearview monitor goes out. Mechanic says "not a saftey issue, you have mirrors" then they are just about in tears. Hilarious!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I love when drivers go berzerk cuz their rearview monitor goes out. Mechanic says "not a saftey issue, you have mirrors" then they are just about in tears. Hilarious!
They don’t need em. We get by in feeders with no camera and we do just fine... most of the time.