Being told not to do the job I was asked to do

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
did you read anything I wrote? I said the mechanic will do them when he has time, or when it’s made a priority by management. I am trying to help the guy by telling him how things work in automotive.. our management is concerned with their numbers not your comfort.

Right or wrong he pissed the guy off writing these up continuously, you would be pissed too if you had to go find each truck make sure the factory blower fan works and sign the books off, probably multiple times from the sound of it.

The defrost fan the truck came equipped with is a FED item and the truck is not supposed to be on the road without it, a comfort fan is not a required item, as far as UPS is concerned get your ass in the truck and go... if you don’t like it and it says in your contract you can request one then file a grievance and eventually they will tell the mechanic to make sure these get installed.

they don’t just let us work overtime we only have OT when management tells us ahead of time and they look over the repairs done with a microscope on OT.. installing fans on OT would get it pulled for the whole district, lol What is OT anyway we have not had OT since mid December in my district.

CFE75A09-75A5-4AFB-A7D1-142FDC8A407D.jpeg

Faceplanted

Im in Arizona. Those fans are a waste of time and money. No one uses them here. It’s like turning a hot blow dryer in your face when it’s 112 out. That’s not going to save anyone from heat exhaustion. You should find a more worthwhile crusade to “patrol”.
Absolute bs. You don’t even understand simple science about why the body produces sweat and how a breeze or fan is what keeps the body cool while the skin is moist.

SmithBarney

Absolute bs. You don’t even understand simple science about why the body produces sweat and how a breeze or fan is what keeps the body cool while the skin is moist.

I was in the southwest, the Fan Most definitely helps, I had two installed, I bet this guy still uses the "waste of time" fan. Hey guy turn it off for a day, let me know how it goes.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
What I was saying is the reason the mechanic got mad is the way you wrote them and it’s one guy writing up multiple trucks. I would have been pissed off myself.

time spent installing fans is time not spent getting a truck off redtag or a pm done, as far as automotive is concerned it’s not a safety or road call item and it’s probably not going to be addressed quickly unless you grieve it. You need to get your center manager to make it a priority to the sup. Or better yet fleet manager, because I know I am not going to install fans in trucks while I have red tags, safety writeups and pms that need to be done and then listen to the sup. bitch about why I spent time on fans

The mechanic got his feelings hurt and got mad?

Tough....he needs to do his job and.

Work isn't the place to have feelings get in the way of the job getting done.

quad decade guy

Work is prioritizing tasks based on urgency.

Clearing red tags is much more important than installing fans.

Urgency is subjective. Installing fans can be vitally important if your employees

have heat exhaustion or perhaps are dying. Pretty sure UPS wouldn't install fans

if they weren't forced to. UPS pretty much doesn't do anything unless someone

dies.