Best part-time position to bid for at new hub?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I've been double shifting the last two weeks in my Hub and I like the Car Wash over the Preload. Our car wash seldom actually washes cars, I have been shifting mostly. It's really kind of boring. On the Preload this week I have been dumping smalls bags at the beginning of the smart smalls sort, thats not a bad job. Any job in the small sort is easy, its mostly women working there. The worst job I did on the Preload was splitting the belt and flipping labels. Instead of handling 200 boxes a day over nine hours on my route, I was handling 8-9000 over four hours.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I've been double shifting the last two weeks in my Hub and I like the Car Wash over the Preload. Our car wash seldom actually washes cars, I have been shifting mostly. It's really kind of boring. On the Preload this week I have been dumping smalls bags at the beginning of the smart smalls sort, thats not a bad job. Any job in the small sort is easy, its mostly women working there. The worst job I did on the Preload was splitting the belt and flipping labels. Instead of handling 200 boxes a day over nine hours on my route, I was handling 8-9000 over four hours.
Not driving a anymore?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
About the only thing I didn't do in my career at UPS was drive an irreg train. However, when I'd get off Saturday morning at 2 am, and the building was empty, I'd jump on one and drive it willy-nilly throughout the hub at breakneck speed. (as long as you picked a charged one) That seems like a decent job for a PT'er. At least your boss wasn't standing behind you, screaming at you and telling you how slow you're moving in a trailer.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I backed into something I shouldn't have and that's about all I will say about that. Ten days passed and they forgot to give me a warning letter today. I can park package cars and work the small sort for $37.66 an hour and be off all day, I'm not in any hurry to go back.
Back on route Monday morning!

Indecisi0n

About the only thing I didn't do in my career at UPS was drive an irreg train. However, when I'd get off Saturday morning at 2 am, and the building was empty, I'd jump on one and drive it willy-nilly throughout the hub at breakneck speed. (as long as you picked a charged one) That seems like a decent job for a PT'er. At least your boss wasn't standing behind you, screaming at you and telling you how slow you're moving in a trailer.
You ever try Daisy chaining two of those batteries together ?

Package Stick

"Send it."
I drive trains, easy money. You're just messing around for 4-8 hours watching loaders do all the real work.

I worked a Saturday a few weeks ago and got to drive the PE tug, it does 30+ fully charged, they also put a package car horn on it because a fellow PTer was using it (going too fast lol) and broke the horn off.

browndevil

I backed into something I shouldn't have and that's about all I will say about that. Ten days passed and they forgot to give me a warning letter today. I can park package cars and work the small sort for $37.66 an hour and be off all day, I'm not in any hurry to go back.
You get put "out of service" for an accident?

Staydryitsraining

Your hub will be automated. The best part time job in new hubs is tender. They do nothing but take off wet and open. Irreg trains are apparently going driverless. 22.4s do not work 4 in building and 4 out. Did you read the contract? There is no ot protection. 22.4s work in the building unless all regular drivers are on road and they still need help. Meaning summer and peak you will more than likely be on road.

polyp

Tender positions also mean little in the way of conversation and constant video observation by management.