Best things on tv

DS

Fenderbender
248 channels and nothing worth watching...
I like the sopranos,holmes on homes,restaurant makeover,the antiques roadshow,
how it works,dirty jobs,and when all else fails the biography channel

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I watch an occasional episode of The Simpsons in the evening, but outside of that the TV doesn't get much attention until football season starts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched a new show last night...."Fear Itself". It wasn't bad. I like spooky stuff anyway.

Most of the reality shows are going from bad to ridiculous IMO.

rod

Retired 22 years
Married With Children- That 70's Show- Two and a Half Men.

History channel, Discovery, PBS

Independent Film Network (boobies):wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Jones, you sent me to the dictionary again !!

luddite
noun
1. any opponent of technological progress

2. one of the 19th century English workmen who destroyed laborsaving machinery that they thought would cause unemployment

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones, you sent me to the dictionary again !!

luddite
noun
1. any opponent of technological progress

2. one of the 19th century English workmen who destroyed laborsaving machinery that they thought would cause unemployment

Another productive day :happy2:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I recently watched This American Life on Showtime. It was the second one that I had seen and I liked both of them a lot.

Nova is usually good too.

I also like Anthony Bourdain's show, No Reservations. It's a travel and food show.

The Simpson's are great, one of my favorites. I've seen the reruns so many times that I rarely watch the show anymore...

Several months ago I saw a few episodes of The New Adventures of Old Christine that I thought were funny. I have no idea if that show is even still on the air.

When watch TV we always watch something recorded ahead of time or a movie... unless it's a live event like a speech or some kind of sport.

wkmac

Speaking of TV, when did Dick Martin (Rowan and Martin) pass away? I just found out yesterday. Growing up with Laugh In was great. We may have only had a few channels back in the day but there sure was some great stuff to watch.

Anybody use to stay up late and watch horror movies on Friday night? Now my daughter and I stay up late and watch Extreme Metal Music Video's. Same effect!
:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I was a kid(teenager) we watched spooky movies with a local character......Ghoulardi. He was played by Ernie Anderson dressed as a bearded beatnik with a fright wig. It was on Cleveland's WJW-TV. He called the films, bombs (which they were). Lots of Vincent Price stuff. He also called his fans, "Knifs", which is fink spelled backwards. He told people to 'turn blue'. He was a real character! This was 1963-66.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Starting Thursday, June 12, television viewers will get a look into the inner workings of United Parcel Service Inc.'s Worldport air cargo hub at Louisville International Airport.
"Ultimate Factories: UPS," will premier at 9 p.m. on the National Geographic Channel (Insight Communications digital cable channel 450, DirecTV channel 276, DISH Network channel 186).
The hour-long program gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the 4.4 million-square-foot sorting facility, which processes an average of 304,000 packages per hour. It also gives insight into Louisville-based UPS Airlines and the UPS Global Operations Center, which provides scheduling and weather forecasting services for the 284-plane operation.