Best time of year to retire

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 350824
That type of information is readily available..you can infer from this graph that his investment has followed a similar trajectory.

When you discuss your “nest egg” ..you aren‘t actually investing in eggs..are you?
I said HIS balance. Meaning…...his cash value. Not the S&P 500. I have no idea how much he contributes. Only that he’s been contributing since he was eligible.

Yes, his losses/gains would line up with that graph. But the dollar amount of his at saving 10% in the S&P 500 vs someone else’s in the same fund at 25% would be drastically different. The bigger the balance the more noticeable the gains/losses are. Which is why I tell some of our drivers to STOP looking at their balances so much.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I said HIS balance. Meaning…...his cash value. Not the S&P 500. I have no idea how much he contributes. Only that he’s been contributing since he was eligible.

Yes, his losses/gains would line up with that graph. But the dollar amount of his at saving 10% in the S&P 500 vs someone else’s in the same fund at 25% would be drastically different. The bigger the balance the more noticeable the gains/losses are. Which is why I tell some of our drivers to STOP looking at their balances so much.
I don't care how hard core investor you are, when you see a couple 100k evaporate out of your account it'll tighten you up.