Best time of year to retire

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Talked to a driver he can go at 50. Another at 49. The 49’er says his job is easy so he’ll stay. The 50 guy thinks about get another job while body is good. Another guy is 55 and is going for 5 more years for 401k perhaps? 50 is young but sounds intriguing……
FYI you can keep your 401k after you retire. we still havent touched ours. gonna wait ( hopefully ) until age 72.

Re-Raise

Everyone has different needs but you need to make some kind of plan. Not just because you hit a certain age and you can retire
I left on a random day before Thanksgiving last year when they just pissed me off for the last time.

It is amazing how far away UPS seems at this point almost 10 months later. My wife and I both work a little part-time just to have something to talk about.

Every week is like a vacation planning what days to golf, fish or go out to drink and find a good place to eat.

Haven’t regretted my decision to leave at all. I have had a few weird dreams where I am back at work..but I still know that I already retired in the dream and don’t know why I am there…Lol

I left on a random day before Thanksgiving last year when they just pissed me off for the last time.

It is amazing how far away UPS seems at this point almost 10 months later. My wife and I both work a little part-time just to have something to talk about.

Every week is like a vacation planning what days to golf, fish or go out to drink and find a good place to eat.

Haven’t regretted my decision to leave at all. I have had a few weird dreams where I am back at work..but I still know that I already retired in the dream and don’t know why I am there…Lol
I'm just waiting for end of this contract then I'll figure out my month and day and call it a career

cynz

You guys must be central state pension. Our pension out west is hours worked. I hit 30yrs pt and im planning on retiring next year with around 3000. a month. Ive worked almost fulltime hours all the years. Fulltime is peer 80 pt is peer 84 and i think new hires pt is 88. Our health ins. will cost 150. for single or 300. family per month . When we get to be 65 then medicare will be used first and what that doesnt pay our ups healthcare as it is now will cover the rest. Also when we hit 65 we pay 150.. for ups healthcare and 159. each for medicare. I also recommend checking on your pension when you start getting close. I would of had more money but i took time off for surgeries and lost 36 mths of pension money. I also would recommend 401k ups doesnt match ours but its before taxes . I would also purchase as much ups stock it is worth it Ups pays cash for everything, and the dividends add up. One more thing for pt yes you must work at least 5 yrs to be vested and if you reach your peer you can retire early with a nice pension also we get pacific coast which pays .40 cents an hr in a separate account which we can get when we quit or retire but you have to ask for it, and pt dont need to be vested to get it. i hope this helps fellow employees. Also a side note next year i think mgt going to get nasty because their pension will no be adding anymore money to their plans.

Over70irregs

You guys must be central state pension. Our pension out west is hours worked. I hit 30yrs pt and im planning on retiring next year with around 3000. a month. Ive worked almost fulltime hours all the years. Fulltime is peer 80 pt is peer 84 and i think new hires pt is 88. Our health ins. will cost 150. for single or 300. family per month . When we get to be 65 then medicare will be used first and what that doesnt pay our ups healthcare as it is now will cover the rest. Also when we hit 65 we pay 150.. for ups healthcare and 159. each for medicare. I also recommend checking on your pension when you start getting close. I would of had more money but i took time off for surgeries and lost 36 mths of pension money. I also would recommend 401k ups doesnt match ours but its before taxes . I would also purchase as much ups stock it is worth it Ups pays cash for everything, and the dividends add up. One more thing for pt yes you must work at least 5 yrs to be vested and if you reach your peer you can retire early with a nice pension also we get pacific coast which pays .40 cents an hr in a separate account which we can get when we quit or retire but you have to ask for it, and pt dont need to be vested to get it. i hope this helps fellow employees. Also a side note next year i think mgt going to get nasty because their pension will no be adding anymore money to their plans.
Let mgmnt be mad. They made their choice. Brown gorilla always eats it’s own…….

hardcharger

How many years did you put in? I’m trying to wait till I hit 55 (3 more years) so I can get the insurance. But lately I’m questioning if that’s even gonna be worth it. I’m just burned out at 28 years

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How many years did you put in? I’m trying to wait till I hit 55 (3 more years) so I can get the insurance. But lately I’m questioning if that’s even gonna be worth it. I’m just burned out at 28 years
Go price some insurance on your own
I think you’ll change your mind about staying 3 more years

oldngray

nowhere special
In my local you were still covered by insurance if you retired before 55. Confused people at the union when you called about questions because its different from other Teamsters. The insurance is UPS/Aetna and not Teamcare. Of course calling UPS about questions is also a joke.

Re-Raise

I was 55..one month from being 56. I had 35 total years in, 28 full-time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Go price some insurance on your own
I think you’ll change your mind about staying 3 more years
I was doing that the other day. I went to healthcare.gov just out of curiosity. It’s not hard to find something similar to the teamster insurance. So, there really is no need for everyone to stick around till 55 for the sake of insurance. Sticking around a few more years to get a better pension payout is something I can understand though.

I was doing that the other day. I went to healthcare.gov just out of curiosity. It’s not hard to find something similar to the teamster insurance. So, there really is no need for everyone to stick around till 55 for the sake of insurance. Sticking around a few more years to get a better pension payout is something I can understand though.
And what kind of insurance quotes did you get? And was it coverage comparable?