Best way to fix up a newly bidded route that runners destroyed?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Allot of people are saying you should run straight air before ground. That is good broad brush stroke advice but may not be what’s needed for your route. I’d run ORION as close to 100% as possible first. ONLY break to make commit times (air, commercial stops before POSTED closure hours, and pickups, to include pickup windows) and then get back on trace.

Don’t ever look at your stop count, miles, overallowed, etc. Or the dispatch computer. None of that is important so you shouldn’t care. If management sees you looking at it they will assume you do. That prompts them to test how far they can push you cause they’ll think you will cut corners to bring those numbers up to their standards. I haven’t paid attention to numbers in years.

If your supplement has language allowing you to file for single days over 9.5s then do so. Don’t wait for the third. There’s no penalty but it creates a paper trail and shows that you’re not cool with being over-dispatched at all.
I’m waiting on 7 9.5s now

Overpaid Union Thug

I’m waiting on 7 9.5s now
Keep it up. And don’t try to fix the route for them. Let them dispatch based on your consistency on the route. Figuring out how many stops to take off and which pickups to move is their job. They can see EVERYTHING we do down to the second. Why they ever need to ask a driver what needs to be done is beyond me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Keep it up. And don’t try to fix the route for them. Let them dispatch based on your consistency on the route. Figuring out how many stops to take off and which pickups to move is their job. They can see EVERYTHING we do down to the second. Why they ever need to ask a driver what needs to be done is beyond me.
As long as you keep getting things delivered nothing will change. Until you start having service failures they won't care.

Overpaid Union Thug

As long as you keep getting things delivered nothing will change. Until you start having service failures they won't care.
He’ll likely end up having one or two. I started a new route this year and I just went where the DIAD told me to. Had two missed the first day. Those were “adjusted” to always be in the beginning of the route from then on. Never had been before because of runners occupying the route for so long that would clock out at 16:15 everyday. It didn’t matter where they were.

Cowboy Mac

They asked me what route I was on and how many I went out with today.
None of their damn business. I love when they send help that is not very helpful and complains the whole time. Or they want to pick and choose what work they get.

“You’re here to help ME. You’ll take what I give you. You running POS…”

Zowert

Follow Orion to a T. Get to know your customers, forge relationships that require lengthy conversation. They won’t get on you for being friendly with customers, that’s what sets the ‘UPS guy’ aside from the random kid delivering for Amazon. Proceed to bury them in 9.5 grievances until they adjust the route to an acceptable amount of stops, low enough for you to give your customers good service.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
None of their damn business. I love when they send help that is not very helpful and complains the whole time. Or they want to pick and choose what work they get.

I would get that too when a doosh came to help me, “ I’m not taking that”. Mother :censored2:er, you’re here to help me and you’re telling me what you will and won’t take? 1 year wonders telling a 20 year guy he’s not taking this or that! What trash they hire today.

Cowboy Mac

I would get that too when a doosh came to help me, “ I’m not taking that”. Mother :censored2:er, you’re here to help me and you’re telling me what you will and won’t take? 1 year wonders telling a 20 year guy he’s not taking this or that! What trash they hire today.
They think they’re hot stuff because they’re faster than us. And somehow we owe them an explanation of why it’s taking us so long. “It’s called following the methods and working safely. Something you wouldn’t know anything about, Rookie.” How’s that for an explanation?

Don’t worry, they’ll get fired in a year for smoking packages and we’ll still be here.

UnionStrong

They think they’re hot stuff because they’re faster than us. And somehow we owe them an explanation of why it’s taking us so long. “It’s called following the methods and working safely. Something you wouldn’t know anything about, Rookie.” How’s that for an explanation?

Don’t worry, they’ll get fired in a year for smoking packages and we’ll still be here.
I wouldn’t have dared disrespect a senior driver when I was a rookie. I didn’t even start to bitch about the job until a had 5 years in. Lol. Different world. Closer friends .

Cowboy Mac

I wouldn’t have dared disrespect a senior driver when I was a rookie. I didn’t even start to bitch about the job until a had 5 years in. Lol. Different world. Closer friends .
I spent my first few years trying to learn from the senior drivers. The only time I bitched was WITH them. Now some of these new guys think they know it all. They’ve been brainwashed by the supervisors from day 1.

UnionStrong

I spent my first few years trying to learn from the senior drivers. The only time I bitched was WITH them. Now some of these new guys think they know it all. They’ve been brainwashed by the supervisors from day 1.
Listen and learn back then. I think it was a mentality of “I’m gonna do this job and be here awhile” best get along. You’re right, they get poisoned early. Mindset of “its all about me”today.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Follow Orion to a T. Get to know your customers, forge relationships that require lengthy conversation. They won’t get on you for being friendly with customers, that’s what sets the ‘UPS guy’ aside from the random kid delivering for Amazon. Proceed to bury them in 9.5 grievances until they adjust the route to an acceptable amount of stops, low enough for you to give your customers good service.
How long until stops go down?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Every. Day.
2E7D4DC3-8E11-450E-9462-7839C3A97924.jpeg

I'm a newer driver. Depending on the route I usually try to take what I will be efficient at. Most seniority guys I help are usually receptive of this. Like if they have 2 apartment complexes and all ez ressi I usually ask if I can just grab the complexes. Or if its a business heavy route I'll ask if they mind doing the business they know well and I'll take a bigger chunk of ressi 30+ stops.