Bid driver asking for overtime

Logcaboose

I am a bid driver, full time cover, in PA. I am asking for extra work most days when I’m finished my route, but work is often given to other employees with much less seniority. If we are both over 8 hours work, does the higher seniority driver have first choice of overtime?

542thruNthru

I am a bid driver, full time cover, in PA. I am asking for extra work most days when I’m finished my route, but work is often given to other employees with much less seniority. If we are both over 8 hours work, does the higher seniority driver have first choice of overtime?
What type of extra work? Are you available when this extra work needs to be done?

Is it something like misloads sitting in the building and being given to someone that is ready and available before you?

Overpaid Union Thug

You are a rarity. I’ve never heard of a driver that actually wanted more deliveries and wasn’t able to obtain them.

Est.1998

Get the guys number in your group.
Call them when you're done and they'll be glad to give you some stops, especially on Friday.

Why don't you ask your supervisor to give you some more work?

Nah
Ask for less overtime. That oughta do the trick.

Logcaboose

What type of extra work? Are you available when this extra work needs to be done?

Is it something like misloads sitting in the building and being given to someone that is ready and available before you?
Any PM dispatch. Misloads, late PM pick ups, letterboxes, etc. Yes the work is given to someone with less seniority even though the entire management team knows I want the work. I hate to start grieving it, but am I justified in doing so?

Logcaboose

They are trying to preserve your DOT hours so the can stick it to ya later in the week.
They force as many as 25 drivers in on Saturday’s. They attempt to preserve everyone’s hours so they can force as many in as possible. But my desire for overtime should over rule their desire to get people in on Saturday, correct? I am not on the 9.5 list.

542thruNthru

Any PM dispatch. Misloads, late PM pick ups, letterboxes, etc. Yes the work is given to someone with less seniority even though the entire management team knows I want the work. I hate to start grieving it, but am I justified in doing so?
Are you available to do the work at the time it's given out.

So if a lower seniority driver is done before you UPS doesn't have to hold the work for you. Is it being given to lower seniority driver's even after you're done and asked for it? If so then absolutely file for seniority and those hours.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Hit me up bro I got plenty of extra stops for you...
🧔✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why not learn to live within your means instead of looking like a chump begging for overtime