Bid Driver orion numbers

Indecisi0n

We have a guy that will go out with about 115-120 stops on a daily basis. That will last him til 1:30-2:00. Then he sits at his pickups til they start at 3. My 1st time on the route I had 40 stops left after pickups. No clue how he does it. I couldn’t keep his pace if I tossed packages out the door without stopping
That's a good sign.

UrFellowUpser

We have a guy that will go out with about 115-120 stops on a daily basis. That will last him til 1:30-2:00. Then he sits at his pickups til they start at 3. My 1st time on the route I had 40 stops left after pickups. No clue how he does it. I couldn’t keep his pace if I tossed packages out the door without stopping
Thats what im saying lol

JL 0513

Im a country driver and this route wanted me to have 69 stops off by 11:45 with my last air being my 69th stop thats do by 12:00. In a town in NC that i covered. I thinking to myself what the heck is he doing. I normally do 35 maybe by that time following methods and the speed limit.

I've done 30+ routes, every type, and have never seen one where you could get 69 stops off by noon assuming around a 9am start. 25 stops an hour during mostly commercial stops? It's possible but they'd have to be very tight with quick in and out situations and no bulk.

Chnandler Bong

It’s difficult to compare apples to apples when looking at 2 different days. Sure, you can compare stop counts, miles, pieces, etc....but that’s never the entire story. Did you both get on-road at the same time? Were the air commits vastly different between the 2 days? Were you constantly pulling out your cart while he was playing one-sy two-sy with smalls? Does he utilize a Rolodex of leave-ats that you’re not experienced enough to do? Did you get hit with on-calls? No two days are ever identical. Keep working at a safe, steady pace and don’t sweat the rest.

JL 0513

Its not that i care what the other driver does on the route. It is the fact that like you said their numbers and metrics are bs and i was telling the sup that, and that the numbers are insane and cant be done. But this bid driver is doing it to my surpise and that was his justification for why the numbers are the way it is for the route and thats why i hate doing that route.

This guy is taking some kind of short cut or you just don't know the route like the back of your hand like he does. Since the spread is so significant, I'd say that maybe he drives up/down most driveways, and maybe you're walking them all off (assuming many longer driveways)?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It’s difficult to compare apples to apples when looking at 2 different days. Sure, you can compare stop counts, miles, pieces, etc....but that’s never the entire story. Did you both get on-road at the same time? Were the air commits vastly different between the 2 days? Were you constantly pulling out your cart while he was playing one-sy two-sy with smalls? Does he utilize a Rolodex of leave-ats that you’re not experienced enough to do? Did you get hit with on-calls? No two days are ever identical. Keep working at a safe, steady pace and don’t sweat the rest.

Some days on my route I can get around 60 off by noon, most days it's 35 to 40. Air stops are generally the determining factor.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Probably delivers during his lunch and breaks... have seen this from dozens of drivers over the years....that’s why the diad needs to shut down during your lunch and breaks....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've done 30+ routes, every type, and have never seen one where you could get 69 stops off by noon assuming around a 9am start. 25 stops an hour during mostly commercial stops? It's possible but they'd have to be very tight with quick in and out situations and no bulk.
25 stops in a business area isn’t happening... ESPECIALLY if you have docks......

BUCN85

But he been doing that same route for 25 sum years and i only do it every once in the blue moon. If i did the same route everyday i guess i can do the insane numbers the sup was talking about. They just have me everywhere and i cant really get a set routine like a driver who does the samething everyday i guess.
Remember as a bid driver who has been on a route for some time developes tricks for their route I have a couple stops where a house I may delv to. They also have a business where they accept their pkgs. things like that help