Bid route cut

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Oh look, a keyboard warrior. Can’t ask a question on here without a :censored2: being a smart ass
FF461FE3-EA46-48F1-B3A8-3CAFF6B36C16.jpeg

BrownStains

If he has more seniority he can bump you off your route. This happened to me when I was a coverage driver . I was able to bump a lower seniority driver off his route on mondays when they cut routes.

Overpaid Union Thug

If your bid route is cut, can u bump a higher seniority cover driver off a route he’s covering for?

In the southern you can only bump lower seniority unassigned drivers.
I’m in southern supplement. Also, if your route is cut, can they make he cover another route or can u bounce out?
Your seniority determines what route you run. And who goes home when there’s extra drivers.

Hot Carl

Yeah they cut routes here on Mondays and those guys typically get stuck on some pretty nasty routes. And covering a bid route + about a third of a route that’s been cut makes for some FUGLY dispatches.

Overpaid Union Thug

No a bid route but a split route. I wouldn’t want to do it, but I was just wondering because here they cut bid routes but put in split routes.
Every since we started Saturday ground it has been extra frustrating for the lower seniority bid drivers. Our dispatchers will cut certain routes on Mondays, that have more than enough work, so that other drivers won’t have their routes cut. They essentially rename one route as another to accommodate them. I laugh when they do this because, more often than not, those higher seniority drivers don’t even work on Mondays. LMFAO

WorknLateHuh

Oh look, a keyboard warrior. Can’t ask a question on here without a :censored2: being a smart ass

well... where's the fun in simply answering the question and leaving it at that?

This forum description "UPS Discussion" is mis-information. It is actually, "UPS whining/Entertainment"

dogs.bite.me

correct me if I'm wrong or if there are supplimental differences but:
1. follow the majority of your work onto a route that has not been bid on (junk routes) assigned to 22.4. No seniority prevailing
2. follow the majority of your work onto a bidded route, seniority prevailing.
3. bump into the pool of non-bid cover drivers, seniority prevailing.

In southern, if you’re bid is cut, you can bump the Lowest Seniority driver of the route they are doing.

dogs.bite.me

In the southern you can only bump lower seniority unassigned drivers.

Your seniority determines what route you run. And who goes home when there’s extra drivers.

You bump the lowest senior driver, whether there bids a route or not.

(B) In the event of layoff of any full-time seniority employee, the affected employee has the right to exercise his/her seniority in the following manner:
1. Must displace the junior employee within their regular classifi- cation.
2. Any other junior full-time employee in another classification or part-time work.
If the employee elects to perform part-time work, he/she may dis- place two (2) part-time employees if available.

542thruNthru

You bump the lowest senior driver, whether there bids a route or not.

(B) In the event of layoff of any full-time seniority employee, the affected employee has the right to exercise his/her seniority in the following manner:
1. Must displace the junior employee within their regular classifi- cation.
2. Any other junior full-time employee in another classification or part-time work.
If the employee elects to perform part-time work, he/she may dis- place two (2) part-time employees if available.
That's layoff language. He's not being laid off his route is just being eliminated on certain days.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That's layoff language. He's not being laid off his route is just being eliminated on certain days.

Yep.

In the Central, we have language that addresses that situation.

Section 9—Route Changes

(a) Temporary:

Other than the period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two-way split, the driver shall select by seniority.

ups18centralregionsupp.pdf

542thruNthru

Yep.

In the Central, we have language that addresses that situation.

Section 9—Route Changes

(a) Temporary:

Other than the period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two-way split, the driver shall select by seniority.

ups18centralregionsupp.pdf
We have that language along with what happens If the route is eliminated. I was actually shocked I didn't see anything like it in the southern but then I realized.... It's the southern ;)

Screenshot_20220216-065045_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

dogs.bite.me

Someone is getting layed off.

If he doesn’t have a route. What’s he gonna do. He can take the layoff, a unpaid time off day can be offered to more senior drivers in seniority order, or he can bump the loser at senior guy. Been applied that way hear for 15 years.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have that language along with what happens If the route is eliminated. I was actually shocked I didn't see anything like it in the southern but then I realized.... It's the southern ;)

View attachment 373099
Maybe our negotiators in the south agreed that bumps based on 50% of a route was less logical than placing those drivers in the unassigned pool for those days? Neither is a better solution per say. More of a collective personal preference for each area. More likely the preference of a select few drivers that know the reps in the union halls. I know I’ve suggested such language be added several times but I honestly think our reps don’t really forward ideas up the chain unless they, and those select few drivers I mentioned, approve of it.

RMR46

That’s crazy if you bid on a route, how can they make you run another route if yours is cut
The only way they can do that is if that route is considered a training route. Then that means they can get you off the route but you can bump somebody else and do another route if you like or you can go home or I would wait till after everybody leaves hang out and say I want my 8 hours and stay in the building. Don't forget to go to lunch.