Bid route cut

charm299

If your bid route is cut, can u bump a higher seniority cover driver off a route he’s covering for? I’m in southern supplement. Also, if your route is cut, can they make he cover another route or can u bounce out?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
correct me if I'm wrong or if there are supplimental differences but:
1. follow the majority of your work onto a route that has not been bid on (junk routes) assigned to 22.4. No seniority prevailing
2. follow the majority of your work onto a bidded route, seniority prevailing.
3. bump into the pool of non-bid cover drivers, seniority prevailing.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
If your bid route is cut, can u bump a higher seniority cover driver off a route he’s covering for? I’m in southern supplement. Also, if your route is cut, can they make he cover another route or can u bounce out?
🤬 yeah you can pull rank...show up at 8am and demand another route. They’ll lie and say ..blah blah blah he doesn’t know that. Then that’s when you bring up that everyone has GPS now.

STAY STRONG
🧔✊

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I was never a cover driver. I was on the same route for 8 years before I went to feeders. Someone, in their infinite wisdom, took me off my bid route and put me on another one. I started calling in for help around 9am. They never did that again.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I’m not sure how VC (vacation cover) works in package but I’ll tell you what would happen in feeders. I’m in the southern as well and who knows, maybe it’s the same for package. VC guys only cover routes for a week at a time and must rebid every week. If the guy likes the route he covered, and the bid driver is out for more than one week, he can bid it again.

If a bid drivers run is cut or modified, a bump and roll is started and you may bump any junior driver.

Once the schedule is made for the week, that’s it. If you bump someone after the schedule is finalized, you will have to wait for the next week before you start on the run you bumped on.

Long story short, there is no such thing as bumping a senior guy.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where did all the work go? Pretty hard to just hack a regular route. Even if light, you might get a split added.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When I was young, I did many foolish things.

Working a 6 day week was a means to enjoy the comforts that a full wallet could provide.

542thruNthru

correct me if I'm wrong or if there are supplimental differences but:
1. follow the majority of your work onto a route that has not been bid on (junk routes) assigned to 22.4. No seniority prevailing
2. follow the majority of your work onto a bidded route, seniority prevailing.
3. bump into the pool of non-bid cover drivers, seniority prevailing.
I don't think the southern has any of that language.

542thruNthru

I don't see how you could bump a higher seniority driver off of a weekly bid route. If that's what you're asking.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That’s crazy if you bid on a route, how can they make you run another route if yours is cut
When I finally bid a route, I still was pretty low on the list so I took a route that was a “spare” but it was in Tuesday to Friday, Monday it was usually cut because of volume. I worked whatever was available. That’s how it worked if you want your guaranteed 8.