Biden signs executive order mandating vaccination.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
You’re a truck driver. Not a virologist or epidemiologist. You don’t get to decide which medical facts are what.

I gotta give you credit for towing the line with a zealotry that the other pro-vaxxers on here couldn't muster. You know, the usual suspects that sanctimoniously lectured us about how we were literally killing grandma and were right-wing racists for even remotely questioning a vaccine deemed "safe" by the medical establishment after only 2 months or so of clinical trials.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I gotta give you credit for toeing the line with a zealotry that the other pro-vaxxers on here couldn't muster. You know, the usual suspects that sanctimoniously lectured us about how we were literally killing grandma and were right-wing racists for even remotely questioning a vaccine deemed "safe" by the medical establishment after only 2 months or so of clinical trials.
mRNA tech has been studied for a long time.

upser2020

I think this has become way to polarized. Here is my understanding of what's generally accepted about the covid vaccines:

Developed and made available very rapidly by vaccine standards(understandable given the circumstances)

Initially looked like they did limit inflation and spread but later found not to be the case.

They do:
Limit severity and decrease risk especially in vulnerable populations
Require some regular boosting

They do not:
Prevent infection
Limit spread

They are experimental and possibly have issues we won't know yet.

This is what I understand as true and freely admit I could be wrong.

At the end of the day it should be entirely a personal choice. I got the main series and one boost, and work side by side with someone who didn't. That's her choice. I respect that. I do not believe anyone should push me or ridicule me for deciding to get it nor should anyone push or ridicule someone who decided against it.

/gets off soapbox

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I think this has become way to polarized. Here is my understanding of what's generally accepted about the covid vaccines:

Developed and made available very rapidly by vaccine standards(understandable given the circumstances)

Initially looked like they did limit inflation and spread but later found not to be the case.

They do:
Limit severity and decrease risk especially in vulnerable populations
Require some regular boosting

They do not:
Prevent infection
Limit spread

They are experimental and possibly have issues we won't know yet.

This is what I understand as true and freely admit I could be wrong.

At the end of the day it should be entirely a personal choice. I got the main series and one boost, and work side by side with someone who didn't. That's her choice. I respect that. I do not believe anyone should push me or ridicule me for deciding to get it nor should anyone push or ridicule someone who decided against it.

/gets off soapbox
Why was Ivermectin banned?

AKCoverMan

mRNA tech has been studied for a long time.
Apparently not long enough to make them be effective at anything beyond lining pockets of pharma execs and government officials. I’m not against mRNA…it just hasn’t shown much benefit thus far for otherwise health individuals. Dosent prevent spread dosent protect the vaxed from infection. I’d be happy if it did, and I’m sure that mRNA is being much more thoroughly researched for many potential uses in the future. However today it’s over promoted and far underperforms the hype.

AKCoverMan

You used lots of words but could’ve just said “Ivermectin doesn’t treat Covid” lol

i mean I found this in two seconds. I’m sure you can find one that says differently, the point being that you simply state “Ivermectin doesn’t treat Covid” like that’s an absolute unequivocal fact like “water is wet” but clearly there is debate in the scientific community.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

i mean I found this in two seconds. I’m sure you can find one that says differently, the point being that you simply state “Ivermectin doesn’t treat Covid” like that’s an absolute unequivocal fact like “water is wet” but clearly there is debate in the scientific community.
Your dealing with kool aid drinkers

Next Day Error

X - Other

Media/science literacy, much?

“In vitro” means in a Petri dish. Not the same as human studies. Human studies have been lackluster.

Anything else I can try to help you with today?

Next Day Error

X - Other
Apparently not long enough to make them be effective at anything beyond lining pockets of pharma execs and government officials. I’m not against mRNA…it just hasn’t shown much benefit thus far for otherwise health individuals. Dosent prevent spread dosent protect the vaxed from infection. I’d be happy if it did, and I’m sure that mRNA is being much more thoroughly researched for many potential uses in the future. However today it’s over promoted and far underperforms the hype.
Absolutely false.

The mRNA vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe illness and death from Covid-19. SHOW ME OTHERWISE.

AKCoverMan

Absolutely false.

The mRNA vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe illness and death from Covid-19. SHOW ME OTHERWISE.
I mean literally every day people who are vaxed are getting the virus and some unfortunately die, although usually from complications of other health issues.

it does not stop someone from getting the virus as it was supposed to.
it does not stop you from spreading the virus to someone else ss it was supposed to.

if you have severe health issues it has been been shown to reduce the severity of the infection so there is a good argument for someone with such health issues to consider the vax. Not healthy people.

Check back in a decade on long term effects. I’ll wait.

Next Day Error

X - Other
I mean literally every day people who are vaxed are getting the virus and some unfortunately die, although usually from complications of other health issues.

it does not stop you from spreading the virus to someone else ss it was supposed to.

if you have severe health issues it has been been shown to reduce the severity of the infection so there is a good argument for someone with such health issues to consider the vax. Not healthy people.

Yawnnnnnn

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

It’s basically useless at best, deadly at worst

AKCoverMan

Your dealing with kool aid drinkers
Yes, I know. It’s fascinating how people can stare at hard cold facts and pretend they don’t exist.

I mean I would LOVE if the vax was the answer, if we could have ended Covid two plus years ago. And I am not discounting the possibilities of mRNA technology in the future. Medical science is amazing but there was far too much pressure (understandable) to make it happen too fast in response to Covid. And it was a big ass flop.

Clearly the results of the Covid vax are disappointing. Effective? Not nearly so much as hoped. Safe? Still hearing lots of cases of side effects and heart problems but no doubt NextDay will proclaim those to all be Right Wing conspiracies lol.