Big Shots Flock To 777F Roll-out

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So I have a question if Fred is not worried about what is said on here why is it that the brown cafe has popped up in interviews and such as a resource for how employees feel? Why would they even bother if they were not worried? and why is it that weekly a new name pops up talking about how the employees are wrong and worships Fred? This may be irrelavant from me because I am just a underpaid no benefit getting ground driver who does the same job but Fred figured out a way to screw hard working people out of a decent wage

It's not irrelevant, but it's not very accurate. I'm not aware of any interviews that mention BC. Not saying that they don't exist, but that I'm not aware of them.

No one is posting that anyone worships Fred. There's the misconception that if you don't make 2348 negative "Fred this, Fred that, Fred Fred Fred" claims, then you worship him.

Regardless, there is a pile of Maslow's hammers over there. Take as many as you need. They're quite popular here.

Broke

It's not irrelevant, but it's not very accurate. I'm not aware of any interviews that mention BC. Not saying that they don't exist, but that I'm not aware of them.

No one is posting that anyone worships Fred. There's the misconception that if you don't make 2348 negative "Fred this, Fred that, Fred Fred Fred" claims, then you worship him.

Regardless, there is a pile of Maslow's hammers over there. Take as many as you need. They're quite popular here.
The Washington Post mentioned the Brown Cafe as their reference when they ran the article "claiming" UPS drivers were being forced to write letters to their Senators in support of the legislation that would put Fedex drivers under the NLRA. I'm sure you were already aware of this since you know everything else.

DorkHead

I haven't met but 2 people who are pro-union (and one of them isn't really sure). So the real question is, whose meaningless anecdote wins, mine or MFX's? I figure between the two of us, we know the union stances of 200 people or so out of the tens of thousands employed by the company, and that should be enough to know the definite answer.[/QUOTE]

I know 3 FedEx drivers in my area, 2 express and 1 ground. Honestly, all 3 have expressed to me that they would vote to unionize if they get the opportunity. The Express drivers are tired of losing more and more of what they started with and the ground driver is just tired of everything.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's put things into perspective. It's a dozen or so people posting here out of tens of thousands. Many of the post are pure bonehead absurdity ("Waaahhhh, the suits get to have coffee at their desks!!") that hardly anyone is going to take seriously in the first place. Others are the paranoid types who attribute all dissent to corporate moles ("I'm unhappy, which means that everyone else should be unhappy, therefore anyone who isn't unhappy MUST be a corporate plant spreading propaganda!!11!!").

Yep, corporate is shaking in its boots.

That's right..there are only a handful of us out there who would go union. Try about 80%...that's a "handful", right? Maury Lane (Chief PR Flak and Shill) has openly threatened politicians who support the end of the RLA exemption, brownbailout.com was created at tremendous expense, and Smith has his lobbyists working overtime trying to buy support. That sounds like a company that is very worried to me.

The sudden appearance of a select group of FedEx supporters on this site(like you) is another indication that Fred is quite concerned. You can pretend everything is just great all you want, but the reality is that the majority of hourly employees are sick of the games and will go union at first opportunity. Keep trying, OK?

FedEx courier

If FedEx thinks it's employees wouldn't vote for a Union they wouldn't even care about the RLA change to the NLRA. The only true test for this situation is for them to allow it to be changed. Instead of letting that change happen they are spending millions of dollars fighting against their employees having a right to even vote on a Union. It clearly doesn't seem like they would be doing that for no reason at all. It doesn't seem like it can get more black and white than it is right now. If they felt everyone was happy at the company they wouldn't even care about the RLA classification change.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I'd much rather have a pension and a freaking raise than a lie-filled, antiunion website and lobbying campaign....but who am I? I absolutely, positively make it happen on the FrontLine, that's who I am!

bbsam

Staff member
I'd much rather have a pension and a freaking raise than a lie-filled, antiunion website and lobbying campaign....but who am I? I absolutely, positively make it happen on the FrontLine, that's who I am!
You, like me, are a cog in the machine. Why you would think the frontline so much more important than any other part is bewildering. Frontline has always been cannon fodder.

59 Dano

That's right..there are only a handful of us out there who would go union. Try about 80%...that's a "handful", right? Maury Lane (Chief PR Flak and Shill) has openly threatened politicians who support the end of the RLA exemption, brownbailout.com was created at tremendous expense, and Smith has his lobbyists working overtime trying to buy support. That sounds like a company that is very worried to me.

The sudden appearance of a select group of FedEx supporters on this site(like you) is another indication that Fred is quite concerned. You can pretend everything is just great all you want, but the reality is that the majority of hourly employees are sick of the games and will go union at first opportunity. Keep trying, OK?

Just out of curiousity, where do you get this 80% figure from?

And yes, Fred sends us here to post on his behalf! Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that he's not after you.

59 Dano

If FedEx thinks it's employees wouldn't vote for a Union they wouldn't even care about the RLA change to the NLRA. The only true test for this situation is for them to allow it to be changed. Instead of letting that change happen they are spending millions of dollars fighting against their employees having a right to even vote on a Union. It clearly doesn't seem like they would be doing that for no reason at all. It doesn't seem like it can get more black and white than it is right now. If they felt everyone was happy at the company they wouldn't even care about the RLA classification change.

I doubt anyone will attempt to burglarize my home tomorrow, but I'm still gonna lock the doors when I leave.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just out of curiosity, where do you get this 80% figure from?

And yes, Fred sends us here to post on his behalf! Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that he's not after you.

80% is my estimate based on what I hear from co-workers all over the country. Paranoid? I've seen what happens to people who are openly pro-union at FedEx...they disappear.

Back in 1996 and 1997 I openly organized for the Teamsters and was immediately targeted by management. Don't believe me? A senior manager friend showed me the memo from the MD assigning an ops manager to monitor my movements and report back to him. Management tried to set me up several times for termination....I was smarter. They also tried to infiltrate union meetings in courier uniforms, only to be tossed-out.

Don't you think Freddy would like to know who is on here?

bbsam

Staff member
80% is my estimate based on what I hear from co-workers all over the country. Paranoid? I've seen what happens to people who are openly pro-union at FedEx...they disappear.

Back in 1996 and 1997 I openly organized for the Teamsters and was immediately targeted by management. Don't believe me? A senior manager friend showed me the memo from the MD assigning an ops manager to monitor my movements and report back to him. Management tried to set me up several times for termination....I was smarter. They also tried to infiltrate union meetings in courier uniforms, only to be tossed-out.

Oh, we know who's on here. (There. If you weren't paranoid before, you are now.)

59 Dano

Oh, but you see, based on what I hear from co-workers all over the country, the number is much lower. So we're back to square one and it's my meaningless anecdote vs. your meaningless anecdote, with neither of us having any idea whatsoever what the actual number is, but only one of us being honest enough to admit it.

...and then you woke up from that dream, where the 'working man' who strives for fairness (you) took on the big corporate machine that would love nothing more than to CRUSH HIM, BUT HE CANNOT BE SILENCED AS LONG AS THERE IS TYRANNY IN THE WORKPLACE!!! NORMA RAE!!!

Considering that hardly anyone posts here, and 95% of all posts consist of you saying "Fred Fred Fred, Fred Fred, Freddy, Fred Fred, Fred is a stingy old man who hates his employees, FRED FRED, Fred is a slavedriver, FRED FRED FRED FRED, Fred is trying to break us and doesn't care if we have enough to eat, Fred Fred, Fred's car is too flashy he should drive a '93 Civic to show empathy for us, Fred Fred Fred Fred" etc., do you think he really cares?

No one takes that kind of stuff seriously.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, but you see, based on what I hear from co-workers all over the country, the number is much lower. So we're back to square one and it's my meaningless anecdote vs. your meaningless anecdote, with neither of us having any idea whatsoever what the actual number is, but only one of us being honest enough to admit it.

...and then you woke up from that dream, where the 'working man' who strives for fairness (you) took on the big corporate machine that would love nothing more than to CRUSH HIM, BUT HE CANNOT BE SILENCED AS LONG AS THERE IS TYRANNY IN THE WORKPLACE!!! NORMA RAE!!!

Considering that hardly anyone posts here, and 95% of all posts consist of you saying "Fred Fred Fred, Fred Fred, Freddy, Fred Fred, Fred is a stingy old man who hates his employees, FRED FRED, Fred is a slavedriver, FRED FRED FRED FRED, Fred is trying to break us and doesn't care if we have enough to eat, Fred Fred, Fred's car is too flashy he should drive a '93 Civic to show empathy for us, Fred Fred Fred Fred" etc., do you think he really cares?

No one takes that kind of stuff seriously.

For one, this is primarily a UPS site. For another, the FedEx machine has done a masterful job of making almost everyone afraid to say what they think about unions.

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to see how you and your fellow employees have financed Fred and his fellow bazillionaires in MEM. Wouldn't you like your fair share of the pie?

59 Dano

For one, this is primarily a UPS site. For another, the FedEx machine has done a masterful job of making almost everyone afraid to say what they think about unions.

And by the "almost everyone," I guess you mean the 20% who either don't want a union or are undecided and not the 80% that told you they want a union.

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to see how you and your fellow employees have financed Fred and his fellow bazillionaires in MEM. Wouldn't you like your fair share of the pie?

Let me be the first to point out that if you quit giving them your labor for what you feel is an unfair wage, they can't get rich off of you.

59 Dano

If I said that it would never make it past the moderators, but you've said exactly what I'm thinking.

What I'm thinking is that you're an employee with average-ish ability, a chip on his shoulder, and an inflated opinion of yourself. There's one or two in every crowd, and they're as divisive as the worst of managers. They spew fanatical rhetoric that borders on the absurd and tend, to varying degrees, to think of themselves as leaders in some movement.

That over-inflated opinion masks the truth, which is feelings of low self-worth. That's why that type of person is constantly trying to "rally the troops" and why he lashes out so harshly against anyone who disagrees with him.

If it bothers you so much that not everyone is going to kiss your a**, then perhpas you aren't ready for message boards.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What I'm thinking is that you're an employee with average-ish ability, a chip on his shoulder, and an inflated opinion of yourself. There's one or two in every crowd, and they're as divisive as the worst of managers. They spew fanatical rhetoric that borders on the absurd and tend, to varying degrees, to think of themselves as leaders in some movement.

That over-inflated opinion masks the truth, which is feelings of low self-worth. That's why that type of person is constantly trying to "rally the troops" and why he lashes out so harshly against anyone who disagrees with him.

If it bothers you so much that not everyone is going to kiss your a**, then perhpas you aren't ready for message boards.

I'm a career "7" employee, with a pile of BZ's and other awards. The "leaders" of the union movement at FedEx have to be in stealth mode because of the extreme anti-union environment that exists at FedEx. To openly speak of or advocate for unions isn't smart, especially now. So it has to be underground, like here on the BC.

I disagree with you because you try and distort what's really going on at FedEx right now. Nobody kisses my butt here...just look at some of my past posts and you'll see you've just made another misleading statement. I've almost been kicked-off here several times and am on a permanent infraction status because a few of the moderators don't like what I have to say. Every post I make is delayed because a moderator has to approve it.

Please disprove any of my so-called "fanatical rhetoric". There are several of us on here who try very hard to put out the truth and don't parrot Mr Smith's BS. Why are you such a believer?

While I've got you here, please tell all of us how you plan to retire on the new PPP Plan, or are you going to work at 7-11 when you're 75 years old? Why doesn't it bother that our real retirement plan is gone, or that the pilots and executives still have theirs? I'm waiting for your brilliant answer.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Mr FedEx unfortunately the reason that people like Bbsam and this 59 Dano character get all hot under the feathers by you is that at the end of the day its people like you that intimidate them. You see they are narsasistic and believe that only they have the right answers and when they are confronted with people of differing oppinions they turn tail and throw insults. The days of union free Fed-Ex are coming to an end and it wont be at the hands of UPS , but at the hands of angry Fed-Ex employees like you.